3D Artwork: Alternator Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by grimmlock, Jul 22, 2009.

1. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok guys here is yet another attempt at me doing Alternator Jazz

I'm not excitd about the headlights. I think I might just model them out but for now enjoy these.

Attached Files:

2. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Superb work so far - your modelling's getting better and better all the time. :thumb 

As for the headlight, I'd agree - kinda sticks out when compared to the rest of the mesh, but I've no doubt you'll be able to take care of that. :) 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There is something off with the porportions . . . it looks as if the whole car has been flattened. Aside from that, I'm VERY excited to see this one.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a RX-8 owner, your model looks very close to being spot on. :thumb  Its also a big improvement over your first version.

I think what could help with the headlights is to model the actual inside parts of it, instead of relying on the texture map. That way, from the side, there is something there to see, instead of looking empty. Most of the parts inside there are cylindrical, so it wouldn't be hard to throw something together. :) 

5. grimmlock

Ebay:
    Looking at this one compared to the last one I did, I agree the porportions seemed off to me too, but I followed the blueprints as closely as possible so I'm not sure.

Seems great minds think a like. last night I did this exact same thing but i took it a step further cuz it still looked very plain. will try and have something up later today

6. Venksta

News Credits:

I think it might be the camera settings. You got a bit of distortion occurring due to the camera lens' setting. Maybe playing around with it will show off the proportions better?

7. grimmlock

Ebay:
    ok I went back and redid the headlights. I modeled out certain parts and then textured other areas within it. I like it better, hope you guys do too.
    Robot pics coming soon.

Attached Files:

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah I think it's just the camera. this looks really good so far. I hope you're going to do a Shockwave remold when you're done! You should do some transformation videos of your models after you finish them. ;) 

EDIT: those new headlights look great.

9. Venksta

News Credits:
    Looks a lot better now. :)  One thing I noticed, which would be an easy fix, is that the front black lip under the front bumper is too thin. The bottom part of it needs to extend back into the car, so you don't see the ground when looking down at the front of the car.

10. grimmlock

Ebay:
    I know exactly what your talking about and I debated with myself as to modeling it after the real car or do I just model it after the toy. Unfortunatley I may have made the wrong decision. I may decide to fix it down the road. Glad you like the lights. :) 
    here he is fonally Transformered. The arms are a bit different. I did it like that on purpose. The toys arms to my look to slinky.
    Redline, Don't think I will be doing shockwave, sorry pal I know your a big decepticon fan. I think the next characer I will be doing is masterpiece Starscream as an F-22 Raptor. I'll keep you guys posted. Enjoy these for now

Attached Files:

11. Venksta

News Credits:
    Looks totally awesome man! :bay 

12. grimmlock

Ebay:
    I excited you like it.
    I'll see if i can do a group shot of them soon

13. grimmlock

Ebay:
    guys, before I do a group shot I wanted to retouch my movie/alternator version of optimus Prime. Just few quick modifications here and there and some better texturing and i'll render him. will have pics up soon