Minor/Repaint: Alternator Ironhide & Ratchet DONE!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by iron maniac, Aug 7, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Where do you get the heads from? Are they actually on the KO figures?

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, those custom heads look SHARP.

sami, he mentioned valkfan, muist be the dude who produces em.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow, those custom heads look SHARP.

sami, he mentioned valkfan, muist be the dude who produces em.

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Is he someone on here? Or some other site to contact him about purchasing them maybe?

5. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Is he someone on here? Or some other site to contact him about purchasing them maybe?

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Valkfan is a member here. Drop him a PM with what you want to buy. I think he still has some Classics Cliffjumper heads(replaces that horrid Bumblebee repaint head) left too.

I have reprolabel license plates coming for both robots. Ironhide is a Texas plate, and Ratchet is an Oregon plate. I'll get some more pics then.

7. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, Valkfan is a member here. Drop him a PM with what you want to buy. I think he still has some Classics Cliffjumper heads(replaces that horrid Bumblebee repaint head) left too.

I have reprolabel license plates coming for both robots. Ironhide is a Texas plate, and Ratchet is an Oregon plate. I'll get some more pics then.

8. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Wow, really nice customs.
    Sometimes the really easy ones turn out best....:thumb 
    I'm all for the head swappin' ! ! !

9. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Wow, really nice customs.
    Sometimes the really easy ones turn out best....:thumb 
    I'm all for the head swappin' ! ! !

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I need one of those KO Hounds. Where can you get them?

I love the Ratchet idea. I was wondering what mold to use for my own Ratchet. I was walking around Meijer with Skids but wasn't picturing it so I put it back. But i need a Ratchet. Already kitbashed the head.

Ironhide is okay. I'm not feeling the blue, mainly because it just looks to much like a Prime with a swapped head. And he didn't have blue originally at all. But nonetheless, good job on both and to each his own mate!

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I need one of those KO Hounds. Where can you get them?

I love the Ratchet idea. I was wondering what mold to use for my own Ratchet. I was walking around Meijer with Skids but wasn't picturing it so I put it back. But i need a Ratchet. Already kitbashed the head.

Ironhide is okay. I'm not feeling the blue, mainly because it just looks to much like a Prime with a swapped head. And he didn't have blue originally at all. But nonetheless, good job on both and to each his own mate!

12. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The KO Hounds were sold on Ebay by a guy in Hong Kong. His Ebay account is gone but you can still buy them from him outright, if you need his email let me know. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay but its getting harder and harder.

The light bar you can buy on Ebay, there is a guy on there that custom makes them for 1:24 scale cars.

As far as Ironhide goes I plan on painting most of that blue to dark grey eventually.

13. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The KO Hounds were sold on Ebay by a guy in Hong Kong. His Ebay account is gone but you can still buy them from him outright, if you need his email let me know. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay but its getting harder and harder.

The light bar you can buy on Ebay, there is a guy on there that custom makes them for 1:24 scale cars.

As far as Ironhide goes I plan on painting most of that blue to dark grey eventually.

14. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    How much for ironhide!

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    How much for ironhide!

16. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

I agree. That's the reason why I've made these specifically for certain molds. I really burned myself out painting custom Macross valkyries over at MacrossWorld and decided to take a vacation from extensively painted customs. Not to mention the frustration of paint chipping on custom painted anything that transforms.

I'm also working on a custom Soundwave head and speakers to fit on the Scion mold. In the process, I'm fooling around with the idea of somehow attaching Titanium or reissue Laserbeak to the Scion. I'll let you guys know when it's done for anyone that wants a Soundwave to put next to their Rumble and Ravage.

17. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

I agree. That's the reason why I've made these specifically for certain molds. I really burned myself out painting custom Macross valkyries over at MacrossWorld and decided to take a vacation from extensively painted customs. Not to mention the frustration of paint chipping on custom painted anything that transforms.

I'm also working on a custom Soundwave head and speakers to fit on the Scion mold. In the process, I'm fooling around with the idea of somehow attaching Titanium or reissue Laserbeak to the Scion. I'll let you guys know when it's done for anyone that wants a Soundwave to put next to their Rumble and Ravage.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He also is known for his custom Sideswipe head (just look at his avatar). I know this because I just finished my BT Red Alert custom using one! I have to say, the head itself is AMAZING! He's great to do business with as well (he helped me out with a KO Viper gun as well as a Prime head). valkfan, rest assured this isn't your last props shout out (as I have yet to post Red) :wink: 

I can't wait to see those SW speakers as well as the other things you have in store! My Soundblaster would be most appreciative! :) 

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He also is known for his custom Sideswipe head (just look at his avatar). I know this because I just finished my BT Red Alert custom using one! I have to say, the head itself is AMAZING! He's great to do business with as well (he helped me out with a KO Viper gun as well as a Prime head). valkfan, rest assured this isn't your last props shout out (as I have yet to post Red) :wink: 

I can't wait to see those SW speakers as well as the other things you have in store! My Soundblaster would be most appreciative! :) 

20. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never would have pictured ratchet as a jeep, but it looks great.

Ironhide, I dunno. The blue doesn't look right. Maybe if you were able to paint the blue bits silver or white with some black highlights in there