Repro/Sticker: Alternator Heads (for sale soon!)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sculpt-bot, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Sculpt-bot

Sculpt-bot So waddya want, a medal?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is the last pic I took before sending series 1 off to be cast. I should have them back in about three weeks. All of you who have PM'ed me about wanting a set will be contacted as soon as i get them. I also have a preview of series 2 in there. Magnus and Kup are near completion, Arcee and Hot Rod are in very early stages. I plan on having Springer be the 5th head, but have had to abort my first 2 attempts at him. I am including the link to the original thread as well, because that has a lot of the other info about these in it. Enjoy!

Pics
    http://photobucket.com/albums/h167/Sculptbot/

thread
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=93445

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey Sculpbot.. just wanted to let you know that your photobucket link doesn't work. You need to log-in to your account, and click on the OPTIONS tab, then turn on the "Make Public" option. :thumb 

Andy

3. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks man! (and thanks again for pointing me at Photobucket, the pictures are much clearer there!) They should be turned on now.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I try to keep up with everyone's work on here, and this thread has interested me for a long time. One thing that bugged me, though, were the dark images. I thought I would import the images to PS and brighten them so I could see the detail of your work. I have uploaded both of the edited images to my Photobucket account and you can see them here:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

After being able to see the detail I'm really impressed! Good job!

P.S. Let me know when/if you upload these to these to your Photobucket account so I can take them down (they're your photos, not mine; don't want to be accused of trying to claim your work :thumbs2:  )

5. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey, Thanks, Superquad7! I appreciate the assist! I will get those posted in my account ASAP, and let you know. I'll just say that the pics tend to make them look "lumpy", but they are much sharper and smoother in person. The white resin they will be cast in will definitely capture that. Here is a list of the next few sets (all tentative):
    Series #3 - Stunticons
    Series #4- Minibots
    Brawn, Windcharger, Huffer, Beachcomber, Hubcap or Bumper.
    Series #5- Essentials
    Grapple/Inferno, Seekers #1 (Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp), Seekers #2 (Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet), Ratchet, Hoist.
    Series #6-Various
    Megatron, Streetwise, Hound Rifle, Mirage Rifle, Sideswipe Rifle.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    you should do a red alert

7. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking the Sideswipe one could be painted up in red and silver, and pass pretty well. I am trying to do as many sculpts that could be used for multiple characters as possible.

8. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    that Magnus headsculpt is pretty nice. i'd pick it up in a heartbeat to put on Laser Magnus. would it fit?

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    How soon do you expect set one will be avaliable for purchase? There are some heads in there I could probably use so will be purchasing them.

Same question for the set w/ the Magnus haed? I have had a Prime to Magnus repaint planned for quite some time and would love the new head!

I can't say for sure on the other future sets but sets one and two can be considered sold. :thumbs2: 

10. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the Magnus head would actually be in scale with the "Laser Magnus" that is coming out. I have RID Scourge, and it looks like it would be right on.
    The heads should be back to me in about 3 weeks (possibly sooner), they would be available for sale immediately after that, and if they sell well I could see a month turn around for the second set.
    I have been putting the weapons together (sculpting them out of brass pipe and sheet), and should have photos for you guys soon. Sieswipe actually needs 2 hands to hold his rifle, so the Alts will finally have some heavy artillery and can take advantage of the arm articulation. Will keep you all posted.

11. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

Just breaking chops here....looks like some headhunters found the Transformers and put their heads on pikes... :ev: 

12. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    excellent! i'm sure it'll look even better in person with some paint [the pictures do tend to give it some odd curves and whatnot]. i'd LOVE a springer head [if you based it off of Alt Tracks you'd probably have an easier time :D ] too, especially if it fits Energon Bulkhead.

would you also consider molding for deluxe-scale figures? while we're on the subject of Springer i was thinking of replacing Cyb Downshift's head with something Springer-ish [not sure if Cyb Hot Shot's head would fit].

anyway. how much would one of these be?

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    will the final sold heads be painted or is that something we'd have to do? Cause I'm ALL about that Kup head, might make Alt Prime worth it!.

14. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

those are really kool man some of them look better then the hasbro molded heads

15. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If these ar a hit with you guys, and I run out of ideas for Alts, I may just start doing different scales (to include deluxe figs.) Alternators are the only line right now that have a single scale (and also the main line I collect) and are favorites among customizers, so that is why I started with them. These will come unpainted, in white resin. I think this gives you guys some adaptability with them....Sideswipe/Red Alert, Grapple/Inferno, The Seekers can all be painted to represent who you want them to be. You will also be able to add any accents to coincide with the paint job you give the rest of the figure... Thanks for the feed back every one!

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    So, hey...How are you doing order priority? I just want to make sure I can get my hands on that first set of heads without suffering the same fate as those who preordered THS-02 Prime, only to find they can't get their hands on it... :D 

17. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry, I have all of you who had PM'ed or asked in the thread for a set, as my first priority. I believe I have around 25 of you. With the rest that are left from this first casting, I may just slap them on e-bay. I have been in touch with a couple of on-line retailers, and there is interest in carrying them. I can also always request additional castings at any time from Mike, so as long as there is a demand, I will make more.

18. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    will singles be available? because all i can use is the Magnus one. :D 

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm interested in a few

20. Sculpt-bot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At this time I am only selling them as sets. With the size of them, it is only cost effective to have them molded and cast in sets of 5. All 5 heads are done in 1 mold and then cast from that. If I do a casting run of 50, and I sell them singly, there is a chance I won't make my money back (unless I totally gouge you guys for the most popular mold...which I do NOT want to do,) and may end up sitting on like 30 Arcee heads or something. Down the road, if it makes enough, I can ask my caster to do a run of the more popular ones.