Alternator GTR and other Henkei new pics at fantofan.jp

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DoubleClouder, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Holy shit. A new Alternator. I'm all about it.

2. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I am the only one who cannot steering (sp?) at these pictures?

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm finding it odd that Octane has no chrome. I was looking forward to seeing a chromed up tanker truck.

4. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP7 is a must for me, as well as the GTR. BLuestreak looks hot in both modes, I'll wait and see how the Hasbro version turns out.

The more I look at Streaker on my desk, and Henkei Streaker in those pics, the more I dislike the chrome. If the air intakes and the gun were painted silver like the rest of the roof part of the air intake, it would be a much nicer toy. Chrome spoiler FTL. :( 

5. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Thundercracker is a must to complete the seekers and the rest of the other MP's I have. The Nissan looks cool probably only get the silver one. The Henkei Sunstreaker and Sideswipe look more G1ish with Sunstreaker's color more true and the chrome add some nice touch. Might have to get these instead of the American ones. Trying to only get Henkei's that are totally different in color.

6. BigRC83

News Credits:
    The only thing that bugs me about Prowl are the chrome spoilers and if I am not mistaken, are the missiles launchers chrome also?

7. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Henkei Streaker embodies what Classics Sunstreaker should have looked like.

The GTR is deluxe sized, Whch means Im making Jazz outta him for Classics!.

8. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah looks like his missiles launchers are chromed aswell, seems to be some chrome overkill on some of the figures.

9. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Very cool...was hoping for MP Grimlock before MP TC, but whatever. I guess my custom MP TC is now just a generic MP seeker.

Deluxe Alernator Convoy is cool. Doesn't mean that its another optimus just that they're using the Convoy family name. Nevertheless will get him.

Its awfully tempting to get the Henkei over the Universe line. Frankly, if Hasbro would put the same effort into Universe that Tomy is putting in Henkei I'd be willing to pay for extra detail at retail.

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
  11. alien

alien Command

yeah~nice and awesome gallery...! (Metroplex...!!!)

12. BigRC83

News Credits:
    Bluestreak/Silverstreak looks exactly the same as Hasbro's version.

13. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    lol it seems they did....what did they do...sleep thru botcon? :lol 

i am just messin with ya folls...seriously....how did you miss ironhide and all this.....it was on the front page and in the botcon threads.....oh well

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    darn shame TC's vertical tails are blue and not black. Not that I expected they would. stupid Takara.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, except for the Henkei Streak that's in robot mode, the spoiler is black. It's weird because the one displayed in car mode has a gray spoiler.

And it seems to be a much glossier black than the Hasbro photos of Silverstreak. I prefer the Henkei.

16. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Thundercracker looks great. Can't wait to get it.
    The Henkei cars looks interesting. I may not get all of them.

17. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Remember: Once upon a time they DID make some smaller Alternator molds for test shots, for a potential smaller line. They didn't go with them, but the possibility is there, as distasteful as it sounds to us BT/Alt enthusiasts. Although they did make a WST-sized Autolooper, so it's not beyond the realm of feasibility that they would release two different sized versions of the mold...time will tell.

Me, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for full 1:24 scale, but I'll buy it even if it's smaller. Scale isn't really realistic anyways: I have MP Prime standing next to my MP seekers even though in reality a semi truck is about 1/3 the length of a F-15.

I'm not going to conjecture on the figure's identity, in either supposed color repaint. I'll find out when it gets here.

Everyone: If you'll notice, in the F2F photos, Onslaught is marked "TRANSFORMERS - USA EDITION" and his placard bears the Hasbro Transformers logo instead of the HENKEI! logo. Some of the others are marked Henkei, but they don't have "finished" paint apps either.

I'm taking this to mean that the chromed up versions of Galvatron and Octane aren't finished enough for display, though the molds themselves are. Like you, I'd be really surprised if Tankor...er...Octane doesn't end up with a chromed tank.

As always, this is a preliminary toy show displaying prototypes, so I wouldn't necessarily take this display as an accurate representation of the final products.

And as for MP-07 Thundercracker? The one on display is obviously a painted prototype, so I wouldn't put much stock in that being the final coloration. It's always possible they're simply copying the Skywarp mold -- all one color with heavy gloss, but in blue plastic instead, but that remains to be seen. In any case, for me it's a definite sale no matter what.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It all looks good. Besides Powerglide, I'm sticking with Universe. And, I'm not crazy enough about that seeker mold or completing a seeker set to spend another $100 on TC, but it still looks nice. I already had to go preorder that "Alternity" figure.

19. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    love the new henkei figure, ive already bought sunstreaker and prowl but i think i will be buying the henkei versions anyway they are beautiful.

love that alternity too think ill have to shell out for that

20. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yes to MP Thundercracker, even from that photo it looks too good to miss.

Not sure of the GTR; disappointed it's not a Binaltech after all, i'm put off by the fact it's got gimmicks, and it being Convoy seems a bit strange somehow. However, I'm interested by the concept of the line enough to want to see if it's insanely articulated & really well finished, in which case I will be happily won over!