Minor/Repaint: Alternator Breakdown

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by revlimiter, Aug 17, 2007.

1. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    After days of work, and WEEKS waiting for reprolabels, I proudly present my final Stunticon, Breakdown.

You may remember my Wildrider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The RX-8 mold just BEGS to be turned into Breakdown. The fenders almost paint themselves blue. After seeing WhiteMocha's excellent Breakdown, I decided to do mine a little more ricer style to match my Dragstrip and Wildrider.

The graphics came from a Fast and Furious hero car. I modified them (scraped them up) to look like a paint splash. They just happened to match the blue Krylon Fuzion fenders. The "sponsor logos" also came with that car.

I painted the interior of the headlights and taillights black. All that chrome was too much. I also did the wheels black and the calipers red.

The windows have been tinted with the same brushed-on technique I used on Wildrider's red windows. The paint is a mixture of clear grey acrylic airbrush paint and Testors clear blue acrylic. It gives a nice sort of mirror-tint look.

[​IMG]

The spoiler came from a diecast WRC car that sat on my wife's desk for years. She kindly let me use it. It's split down the middle and supported by some parts from the Fast and Furious model. I think it looks pretty damn perfect on Breakdown here.

[​IMG]

Black interior under dark tinted windows on a black background. LOL! Sorry about this, but I wanted to post an interior shot. Shoulda switched to a white background for this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIS is the main reason I added the spoiler. The center supports are positioned just perfectly to wedge the G1 cannon into. The oversize BFG looks just about right on the Alternator. After Whitemocha did such a nice job making the cannon work on the roof with magnets, I knew I had to have it in my custom as well!

[​IMG]

Breakdown got upgrades.

[​IMG]

All of Breakdown's bot mode paint is weathered. The chest was painted flat black and then drybrushed with acrylic steel and then highlighted with acrylic silver.

The arms and legs were sprayed with the same blue Krylon Fuzion as the fenders. They were then drybrushed black, then silver. Then I drybrushed the acrylic clear blue over top of all this. It gives a VERY metallic, weathered look, yet still matches the blue fenders.

The door mod is thanks to Eric aka Plowking. A small hole is drilled in each door right near the speaker. You then remove and swap the doors to get this placement in bot mode. Partsformer? BAH! I love how it looks!

The G1 cannon just mounts in place under the hood "power bulge."

I wish the eyes were better defined on the Jazz head. With just the hollows filled, Breakdown had tiny eyes, so I decided to make them a bit bigger. This is the one part I'm a little unhappy with.

[​IMG]

Required action shot. Notice how I even painted the area behind the bumpers blue? Yeah, Breakdown's got blue toes.

now, at the risk of out-shining my Breakdown custom, I present my Stunticon army.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

Dear Hasbro,

You suck. Thanks for not making these and canceling the Alt line. Also, well done on the movie toy distribution.

Sincerely,
    revlimiter

------

If anyone would like to see more, I've got a few more shots on my flickr account. I made sets for each character: Dead End, Breakdown, Wildrider, and Dragstrip.

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    The body panels on that look slick as hell. And the Deadend looks beautiful too...

I don't know about the weathered look on the bot parts though. But that's just me.

3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    The body panels on that look slick as hell. And the Deadend looks beautiful too...

I don't know about the weathered look on the bot parts though. But that's just me.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLICK!!!!......Man....you did a fantastic job on this Revlimiter....

The spoiler, paint, details, mods, gun, decals.....it all :rock 

The Stunticon Army looks fantastic!.....

Top notch job dude! :D 

5. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLICK!!!!......Man....you did a fantastic job on this Revlimiter....

The spoiler, paint, details, mods, gun, decals.....it all :rock 

The Stunticon Army looks fantastic!.....

Top notch job dude! :D 

6. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you plan on making a motormaster?

Great custums, alts are great. I agree I wish they dident cancel the line to.\

7. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you plan on making a motormaster?

Great custums, alts are great. I agree I wish they dident cancel the line to.\

8. olas202

olas202 Arise Zombie Prime!

Nice stunticons! I acually just finished up my stunticons last night i just gotta post some pics. yours look great! now you just need motormaster.

9. olas202

olas202 Arise Zombie Prime!

Nice stunticons! I acually just finished up my stunticons last night i just gotta post some pics. yours look great! now you just need motormaster.

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Nice work dude. The graphics really seem to suit the Stunticons.

Not to hi-jack your thread but mine are in my sig pic.

11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Nice work dude. The graphics really seem to suit the Stunticons.

Not to hi-jack your thread but mine are in my sig pic.

12. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I really planned NOT to do Motormaster because I don't like him. But I confess, I've been eyeing that Roadbot Landcruiser thinking that he might be interesting as MM.

Sy-Rein: I keep sigs turned off, but had to look at your profile. Nice! I considered using Wheeljack for Breakdown, but in the end realized how much I don't like the Mustang mold. I just don't enjoy transforming it. Not to take anything away from yours.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

13. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I really planned NOT to do Motormaster because I don't like him. But I confess, I've been eyeing that Roadbot Landcruiser thinking that he might be interesting as MM.

Sy-Rein: I keep sigs turned off, but had to look at your profile. Nice! I considered using Wheeljack for Breakdown, but in the end realized how much I don't like the Mustang mold. I just don't enjoy transforming it. Not to take anything away from yours.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

14. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome work dude.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome work dude.

16. optimal_optimus88

optimal_optimus88 Well-Known Member

QFT, good work by the way, totaly awesome

17. optimal_optimus88

optimal_optimus88 Well-Known Member

QFT, good work by the way, totaly awesome

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Very nice job, the car mode is a thing of true beauty.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Very nice job, the car mode is a thing of true beauty.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, that looks great! I remember you mentioning you were working on this custom, I'm happy to see it! Thanks for the kind words about my Breakdown, too. :) 

I really like how yours turned out. I love the decals, and the giant spoiler.... it really gives him a unique look. You painted the brakes red as well, right? That looks really good. It's subtle, but it really adds to the feeling of him being a tricked-out tuner car.

Seeing all the Stunticons together like that sorta makes me wish I had done a Wildrider as well. I'm too lazy to do him, but they sure do look good all together like that.

Again, great job!