Minor/Repaint: Alternator Barricade

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giskard Rentlov, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Giskard Rentlov

Giskard Rentlov Agent of Chaos

Simplish custom, from Alt. Wheeljack.

Fully transformable.

Hi all,

So I started this guy 2010, and then got side-tracked with other ideas. Anyway, here we go...!

Modified head-cut off the ear plates, evened up the gaps with putty.
    Removed the central helmet crest, and added in the two central horns with an appropriate piece of Lego. Still retains some WJ aspects, but the red optics make a world of difference for me.
    Removed the hands, and added Neo-shifter ports into the wrists. These hold the Neo-shifter hands, and custom weapons. Hands open and close and rotate 360 degrees. They need to be removed for transformation, but I always seemed to get stuck pushing the Mustang hands under the front of the car anyway…
    I chose the Neo-shifter hands firstly for the weapon swap option, but also because Barricade has been described as having large crushing claws. I also think that they introduce something new to the overall look.
    Cut down and modified a spare Alt. Subaru rifle to make a hand cannon/ cannon hand.
    Also modified WJ sword to fit on either arm too, not shown here.
    Swapped out the covered sidelights with open versions from Alt. Grimlock.
    Swapped out the inside lower leg panels with silver ones from Alt. Grimlock.
    Lightbar donated from Alt. Prowl.
    Ram bars are spare Alt. Mustang knee clips, just sanded, painted and attached into the front.
    Repainted with Krylon fusion black and white spray paints.
    The vehicle mode is mostly flat colour, and the majority of the robot mode is paint, drybrush and ink washes.
    Drybrush of Games Workshop paints- Boltgun Metal, Chainmail, Mithril Silver over Krylon fusion black. Some highlights in copper.
    Ink washes and black lining to pull the moulded detail out.

I didn't care a much for the purple accents on the official toy, I went instead with an increased amount of white on the mech form. I think that this scheme compliments well with the car mode.
    Labels courtesy of Reprolabels, slightly smaller than required as these were designed for the official 2007 deluxe model. I quite like the difference, I got to mix up them up a bit and find my own arrangement of the same markings.

Still rubbish at taking small pictures, and noticed that more of a dust was necessary than this guy got. Another gallery for vehicle mode will be pending.

There are a ton Alternator Barricades out there, . This is one with some twists that I haven't seen before, hope you like.
    Constructive c and c welcome

Attached Files:

2. Giskard Rentlov

Giskard Rentlov Agent of Chaos

More pics:

Attached Files:

3. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I like it!
    Aces

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran