Alternative Replacement Tires for G1 Wreck Gar!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by monk1210, Apr 27, 2011.

1. monk1210

monk1210 Robotaku

So I bought a junk G1 Wreck Gar at a local store for $5 yesterday. Yay me! Unfortunately, the rubber tires were nowhere to be found, which I'm sure is pretty common:

[​IMG]

Last night, it started to annoy the crap out of me that Wreck Gar didn't have tires. So this afternoon I decided to find some replacements. I headed to Walmart and came across this in the diecast cars section:

[​IMG]

I had Wreck Gar's front rim with me so I held it up to the package and it looked similar in size to the rims on the bike, so I gambled and spent $8 on the bike. Once I got it open, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the bike included a tool to take the tires off:

[​IMG]

Got the tires off with the little tool and some needlenose pliers and stripped the tire off the rim. As I started putting the tire on Wreck Gar's rim, I couldn't believe that it was actually going to work! The groove on the inside of the tire is a little smaller so it takes a little wiggling, but it still wrapped around the rim nice and snug:

[​IMG]

So the $8 gamble paid off and Wreck Gar looks fxcking awesome with his new tires. I can now sleep tonite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully this helps those of you that have a G1 Wreck Gar in need of new tires!

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Nice. Now you just need to clean him up and get some Reprolabels.

3. Minnemagnus

Minnemagnus Armada Starscream!

Thats pretty awesome! I also agree with the idea of getting reprolabels.

4. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Awesome save on the tires!

~Z