Heavy/Scratch: Alternate Universe Black Zarak Headmaster Quadruple Changer

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by kregon, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello again all. I have finally gotten the opportunity to take pictures of my most extensive project Alternate Universe Black Zarak Headmaster Quadruple Changer! I began this project around two years ago when I noticed that the Energon Scorponok/Black Zarak mold didn't get a lot of use around the boards aside from some awesome repaints. So I set out to create a unique take on the character using the Energon/Cybertron molds. I decided to accentuate the arachnid nature of the mold and create something menacing with a paint job reminiscent of colors that would warn you of danger in nature along with a Dark Energon Hue that I hope comes out well in the pictures. I also created a weapon befitting this monster. Two Scorponok and one Dark Scorponok/Black Zarak figures were sacrificed in creating this project. Other parts come from NeoShifters, Bionicles, and a decent amount of magnets help hold my project together. The build list is too extensive to post so I will answer questions upon request. I hope you all enjoy and as always comments are welcome.

Since this is a Quadruple Changer I will be posting in Groups.
    1st. Scorpion Form
    2nd. Base & Battle Cruiser Form
    3rd. Robot Alt. Mode

Upcoming Projects:
    Alternate Universe Gladiator Megatron
    Alternate Universe completely original transformer named Big Blast (Quadruple Changer)
    Alternate Universe Trailer/Roller for my Optimus Prime 1st Post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Base & Battle Cruiser Mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

Bad@$$ so far! Awaiting bot pics.

4. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Holy smokes! And there's more?

5. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Robot Alt. Mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Robot Alt. Mode Final...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. thielmj

thielmj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it the paint looks really sweet, the base and scorpion modes are pimp,
    the only comment i have about the robot mode is how far down the shoulders start compared ot where the head is.

8. rodimusblack

rodimusblack Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    BOOOOOOOO Hiss Hiss Hiss, U suck. Naw just playing, this came out so super awesome, glad u finally finished him. the pics came out great, truly a work of art, Congrats sir

9. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

:wtf:  :jawdropper:  :drool:  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

:bowdown: 

10. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    I'd like to know what paints you used and how you got the purple energon glow so nice.

11. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    truely awesome work integrating all the modes the way you did if I may say only one thing the shoulders seem way to low but its just a personal preference my favorite part has to be the head and the pieces are seamless and no edges show to make me believe it was separate pieces at one time great job!

12. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

The giant robot head is freaky! From a distance, his face looks like his mouth and the gaps above his face are his eyes. A face within a face.

Man, it's freaky.

Awesome work!

13. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I really like the base and assault modes, but the bot mode is a bit too disproportioned. The very tall and thin legs, boxy torso and low-set shoulders, combined with the huge head just make it visually unappealing.
    Not saying that the work that went into the entire piece isn't impressive, but I think the bot mode was sacrificed in order to make the other modes more impressive.

14. kregon

kregon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks to everyone who commented. I appreciate your thoughts and support!

shinobi77 - I'd like to know what paints you used and how you got the purple energon glow so nice.

I primered it in gloss black and used testers copper, brass, steel, aluminum, gold, jet exhaust, a special mix I call dark silver, and a special mix for the treads as well. (various mixtures of tester's flat black and silver.) There is a little Vallejo Gunmetal Grey, and the Purple is something I found at a local hobby store. It is called FASKOLOR paint for lexan model car bodies and other surfaces. The specific color is Fasescent Purple. (Spelled correctly) It is a water based paint so it is no fuss no muss. The only downfall is that you will need to do multiple coats. All the detail work took hours and days to complete, but I believe the effect was well worth it.

Yaujta - I really like the base and assault modes, but the bot mode is a bit too disproportioned. The very tall and thin legs, boxy torso and low-set shoulders, combined with the huge head just make it visually unappealing.
    Not saying that the work that went into the entire piece isn't impressive, but I think the bot mode was sacrificed in order to make the other modes more impressive.

I understand where you are coming from with your thoughts. Sadly the molds I used do have their limitations as you pointed out. That being said, despite the fact that transformers are typically humanoid by original design I feel that breaking out of that box allows for more creative room to explore in kitbashing. For instance, the elongated legs and boxy torso suggest agility with a much smaller area that an Autobot must aim for to cause damage. Having the arms not at shoulder level would also throw off your combatant since he would not be used to fighting a bot of this configuration. I mean it is a gigantic space Scorpion, City/Base, Battle Cruiser, and Kick-ass Robot. Also, I feel the design really keeps the arachnid qualities of a scorpion in most forms. So is it different? Yes. Visually unappealing? I wouldn't go that far. Thanks for the thoughts!

15. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Am I on drugs or does this actually exist?

edit: to be clear, I really like it, but holy shit it's crazy

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

That is crazy. Crazy. crazy.