Alternate Transformers Movie promotional site

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by eMouse, Dec 20, 2006.

1. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Well, if you look at the console logs there's also a small text reference to something called "megaman hangar". Doesn't the name of that hangar sound half-familiar? (and no, I'm not talking about the megaman videogames ;)  )

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    It sounds half familiar yes, I just don't remember when it was I heard something about it.
    DN

3. UnicronX51

UnicronX51 now with ginseng!

also, looking at the insect buttons there are previous Transformers that are modeled after or have a likeness to the insect in their names. Example

Wasp = Waspinator
    Scorpion = Skorponok
    Beetle = Bumblebee was a VW Beetle in the cartoons
    Ant = That damn ant robot.....I'm not sure what it was.
    Spider = Arachnofemalebot from that silly Beast Wars cartoon
    Mosquito = ????????
    Moth = The Ticks sidekick???

In these marketing things the smallest detail is usually the largest when you figure it out. Help me out people!!

4. UnicronX51

Uhh*******Spoiler!!!!!!********

highlight below
    we that saw the script know what that means......that is where a certain something is stored right?

5. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Sure, but count the number of bugs...now count the number of decepticons set to be in the film. Its the same number, so I think that each bug is supposed to represent "a suspected target" or Decepticon.
    Now I'm going to go out on a limb here on some of these, but I think it fits-
    Scorpion- Scorponok (duh)
    Ant- Frenzy (smallest out of the bunch)
    Mosquito-Megatron (seeing as how he was portrayed in the leaked script)
    Wasp-Starscream (kinda a relation to Waspinator in posession, but the F-22 could be seen as synonomous with a wasp if you think about it)
    Moth-Blackout (by default, the moth flys more like the helicoptor than the wasp)
    Beetle and Spider thing (I dunno if its a spider or not)- Jury is out, but Im betting that each one is supposed to represent either Barricade or Bonecrusher. Maybe the Beetle is bonecrusher b/c its armored, and the spider is Barricade b/c it "hunts" other bugs and Barricade is portrayed as a hunter-seeker.
    DN

6. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    In the upper-right region of the "desktop", open the third "red light folder", then click on the image file inside. Weapons.

7. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Screen must be cutting off, because all I get is one white folder, and two red light ones.

What a screwed up site.

EDIT: Yes, it does cut it off. Your screen's size must be close to miniscule to get all of it. How incredibly suck tabular.

For those who can't see it, here it is.

Attached Files:

8. UnicronX51

Thank you. TSFC. Because it appears as though the furthest right text box on the "desktop" records all of the movements relating to anything on the screen. Clicks, icon dragging etc show up over there with their position on signified by numbers like grid points or something.

9. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    The weapon looks familiar...looks like it might have some design similarities with Scorponok's tail from what we saw in the trailer.
    DN

10. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I think I clicked on every thing and all I got was the Mr. Powers video, I thought of C&C as well. How sweet would it be to have a Transformers C&C style game! Speaking of Power it also reminded me of the Captain Power show and video missions.

The main body/rear of the gun is a 50 cal and the little site on top is a real site too called a HALO site. It also apears that there are cables or hoses that lead to the weapon from either a power supply or pressurized gas tank. I think these things were mounted on those crazy black dune buggy things we've seen pictures of. I think the weapon either sends an electric pulse to destroy the nano bots or whatever it is that keeps them functioning OR is used to stun them so they can be brought back and studied.

11. TSFC

TSFC Banned

No problem. I'm glad I could help. :) 

12. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love how the password is takara83. if u freeze the trailer at the part where u hear the audio of the decepticon in the corner of the reading it says takara83.

13. eMouse

eMouse Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that this is essentially a remote desktop you're supposed to be viewing. To open the drives/folders, you have to double click on them, or at least I did. Just single clicking (which you tend to do with web-based stuff) does nothing.

Only the items highligted in red currently work, as far as I could tell.

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The PDF document is weird. It looks like parts of an agreement giving Sector Seven the rights to make a TransFormers movie and video game.

15. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Looks alot like the harpoon gun used in Jeepers Creepers 2 to catch the monster.

16. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

Looks like the harpoon gun used on a Snow Speeder on Hoth, too.

So far, the site's no "I Love Bees" - but it has promise.

17. UnicronX51

no...it's not.

18. TSFC

TSFC Banned

It's an agreement document stating that Takara has given Sector 7 the rights to produce a TF Movie video game.

It's already been confirmed for the Wii, DS, and I believe GameCube.

19. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Somewhat interesting but to be honest there isn't enough content at the moment to keep it interesting.
    Mr Powers shows us an vague infrared blob, we can look at a sketch of a harpoon gun, read some stupid contract thing and download the logo. So what? There's nothing there to keep someone interested. I'm certainly not puzzling over the mysteries of Sector 7, dieing to know more.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yeah, but Sector Seven wouldn't actually be making the games, right? They're a fictitious entity from the movie script, aren't they?