Customs: Alternate TFA joint fix!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shinobitron, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Mar 7, 2008
    OK please note that this is not a debunking of Jins super glue method nor is this method going to work 100% of the time. This is another way to try and fix the loose joint prior ot resorting to Super Glue Scotch tape, chewing gum, and or sending them to McGuyver.

This is posible the easiest way yet to fix the joints and it has work on Lockdown, Ratchet, and Prowl for me thus far. Hasbro covered the figs in mold release and its acting as a lube in the joints causing much frustration. Take all joints that are giving you problems ans simply clean them with a soap and water. Be sure to rinse them and dry them with a rag or paper towel. You need to clean both connecting pieces of the joint and not just one or you will have dome it all for naought as the mold release recovers the piece you just cleaned. With the mold release gone you figure should be able to get some friction in the joints and have no problem posing. I can get Prowl in the Crane kick position and Lockdown in a high kick!

As I stated if this doesn't work for you then try another method. hopefully it will work and you won't have to destroy any of these awesome figures!

*Special thanks to Chiptimus Prime for helping create this method of fixing the joints!