Alternate take on Animated's finale

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 23, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Could this have been better than what we got today?
    (Warning: Long reading ahead)

Before the Lugnut Supremes start attacking, Shockwave suggests to Megatron that it would be logical to use them for their real goal: the conquest of Cybertron. Megatron agrees and leaves Lugnut in charge of one Lugnut Supreme. Shockwave and Megs transwarp away. The Autobots try attacking Lugnut Supreme and realize their attack is useless. Optimus decides that the only way to fight one Supreme Cybertronian is with another. Therefore, he sends Ratchet and Sari to the moon via Transwarp engine after Issac tells Sari to be careful. As they transwarp away, Lugnut realizes who tries to stop them by heading back to the moon. Optimus zooms off and has a dogfight with Lugnut. Meanwhile, Megatron and Shockwave arrive on Cybertron and start wreaking havoc. Sentinel Prime realizes this and asks the council to attack and they say nothing can be done. Aggravated, he decides to bot up and use the huge cannon from two episodes ago on the two giant bots. While he knocks down the Omega Lugnut with Shockwave in it, the one piloted at Megatron counters and destroys the whole gun station with Sentinel.
    Shockwave who managed to escape is told from Megatron to free Blitzwing, Ramjet, and Sunstorm from the prison. Shockles takes off. Back at the ruins of the gun station, the Aerotwins arrive and Sentinel orders them to stop Shockwave before going offline. The Aerotwins zoom off to do that. Back on the moon, Ratchet and Sari get Omega back on-line as well as Arcee. They zoom back on Earth and Omega finishes off Lugnut Supreme. Optimus heavily trashes Lugnut before the loyal Decepticon retreats while telling Megatron that the Autobots are coming.
    When the Autobots arrive, Optimus tells Ratchet and Sari to help Omega defeat Lugnut Supreme#3 while he and Prowl sneak aboard Lugnut Supreme to stop Megatron. Just when he is about to take off with Prowl and the Magnus hammer, Aerotwins tell the Autobots that they require backup in case Shockwave frees the prisoners. Therefore, he sends Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and Jazz to help them. While Omega fight his evil counterpart,Optimus and Prowl decide to stop the Omega clone by destroying it at the source. They reach the spark chamber. Then, they hear Megs saying that he won't allow them to intefere with his plans. Then he fires his fusion cannon at Optimus when Prowl steps in and takes the hit.
    He barely stands up but he says to Optimus to use the Hammer. Optimus decides to use it on the spark chamber, but Prowl say to use its full power on Megatron. Optimus asks what he is doing and all Prowl say that it was an honor and goes into the spark chamber. Optimus then uses the hammer and whacks Megs out of Lugnut Supreme. Prowl reaches the inside of the spark chamber and says "I hope you are proud of me, Master Yoketron". Then, he uses his sword to stab the core of allspark shards and then the Lugnut Supreme explodes. Optimus cries out Prowl. Then, he continuses to fight Megatron and tells Ratchet to got to the stockades and defeat Shockwave. They show Shockwave who released Blitzwing and the two clones defeating the five Autobots before Omega steps on him and points Omega's guns at the other three Decepticons. "Don't move"- Auto troopers come and arrest the three. Back at the battle, both Optimus and Megs try to up each other similar to the battle in Beast Machines. Then, Optimus gets beaten brutally by Lugnut who shows up by performing the POKE a few inches away from Optimus. He explains to Megatron that he went into the space bridge that the Autobots constructed. Then, they see Optimus getting up and charging the Hammer. Before Megs can even fire his fusion cannon, Optimus throws his axe at his fusion cannon. Then he zooms off toward Megs and whacks the Decepticon leader into the air where his clogged fusion explodes. He falls down and goes into stasis lock when hitting the ground. Lugnut is knocked out by stasis cuff put on by Optimus. The Autoot lands next to Megs when Ultra Magnus trudges along with Alpha Trion and Perceptor toward him. Optimus hands back the hammer before Ultra says that he is retiring and with the display of Optimus and his crew, he promotes Optimus to Magnus and his crew to Elite Guard status. But at what cost the Autobot says as he looks over the collateral damage as well as Yoketron's helmet whicly within the ruins. The other Autobots come in to celebrate along with Sari who the other Autobot are shocked to see the tecnorganic. Optimus introdouces them to her and explains her origins as well as their adventures on Earth. Back at the moon, Female Starscream shows up and helps Starscream back on his feet while he says that this isn't over. Back on Cybertron in a dark alley, a familair red dot switches on and we hear "We shall rise again". Cue credits.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Let me tell you that I agree with at least this much: Megatron made a terrible, terrible blunder by not deploying the Lugnut Supremes to Cybertron immediately. It surprises me that he, previously the master strategist, would perform such an act, and that the logical Shockwave did absolutely nothing to talk him out of it.

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:

He thought he could test the power of the Lugnut Supremes on Detroit. Not only did the test end badly he practically lost almost everything even his freedom. I guess he didn't realize that the bots who were most responsible for his successive defeats were the earth autobots.

Such a shame really. I think I felt a piece chip away from his character. Its the start of his fall.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Megs let his desire for vengence get the better of him he wanted to destroy sumdac tower, his former prison, but he also made a mistake by letting starscream get a body back in the first place

5. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

well, i had a thought as well earlier. Anyone remember Beast Wars? Tigertron and Airrazor? The Vok sent them back as messengers. If (hypothetically..don't shoot me please) the Allspark needed a messenger, maybe Prowl would be sent back. And lets face it, if by some miracle (not likely) the we were blessed with a fourth season (i can dream!) they would have to bring back starscream. cuz he rules. and fans love him. not to mention, megs isn't offline. then the whole biz with team charr- they could (if they wanted to) pull out a fourth season. even just to fill in the blanks. i personally would like to see what happens to Ultra Magnus, Blurr and Rodimus. (we know Blurr is in extreme stasis. Wyatt wouldn't have placed that out there if he didn't have a plan for it)

just my thoughts...wait, i thought! omg! :D 

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    But isn't that the goal of every villain on the moon? To come to Earth to destroy a tiny insignificant city only to be beat by 5 average warriors in primary colors?

Oops. Wrong series.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. No time in the episode for that discussion.

2. Megatron never discussed anything with his troops.

I think Megatron thought that the Earth mission to destroy Sumdac tower wasn't going to take that long. He also didn't know Optimus had a jet pack and the Magnus Hammer. However, Megtron was irrational. Sumdac tower wasn't his prison, it was the place that kept him alive long enough to be rebuilt. Megatron was very smart, just a little too petty.

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

AFTER TEN THOUSAND STELLAR CYCLES I AM FREE! TIME TO CONQUER EARTH!
    "Allspark, recruit a team of space bridge technicians with attitude!"

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'll stick to the actual episode's ending, thanks.

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I didn't read the entirety of the opening post, but I got the gist of it. Look, it's very easy to say, "I can totally think of how THAT can be done differently." I suppose such thoughts can satisfy some kind of internal dissatisfaction, but I choose to look at the ending that we did receive.

If the writers had infinite time to produce an ending, then I'm sure it would be a hell of a lot better. Even if I never knew this was the series finale, I would still think it was one excellent season finale.

And please stop acting like this is the first time a villain (or even a Megatron) thought a side-mission would be a mere trifle. IDW Megatron should probably have crushed Verity and Prime in Infiltration and Escalation. Movie Megatron should have just blasted Sam into spaghetti sauce and taken the Allspark. To use a movie example, Jeremy Irons' character in Die Hard 3 should have just taken his gold and "bought a country." Instead, he chose to take an inconsequential side mission of killing John McClane. He probably thought killing McClane was going to take 5 minutes, then he could go back to conquering the world. It's an age-old tradition for an egomaniacal villain to underestimate the underdog good guy and pay for it with his defeat.

Megatrons aren't exactly known for rational decisions. More often than not, Megatrons fit the mold of the mustache-twirling egomaniacal villain.

Sometimes, such egomaniacal villains are excellent, like G1 and BW Megatron.

Other times, such egomaniacal villains are kind of boring, like (just my opinion) Movie Megatron and A/E/C Megatron.

Dare I say it, TF:A has had the most developed Megatron in any TF continuity, ever. This guy has led the Decepticons for thousands of years. Clearly, he's won many battles. He has no qualms against shooting his own teammates, yet he inspires absolute loyalty from many soldiers. Clearly, this is an experienced soldier who knows what he's doing.

In his thousand-year-long career, the most recent 50 years or so have seem him inconvenienced by, really, amateur janitors, some flunkie, and a few teenagers. Why should he think the Autobots are a threat? Throughout the entire series, he only refers to them as "Autobot." He doesn't learn Prime's name until the series finale, and in the season 2 finale used him as a laser shield. Remember that scene in The Dark Knight when Batman's kidnapping the Hong Kong businessman, and Batman beats the crap out of the henchmen without even looking at them? Batman simply didn't want to waste his time with some inconsequential weaklings, and that's how Megatron views the earthbound Autobots.

And about the part where people complain about Megatron single-handedly deciding that they go to Detroit? Allow me to counter-argue with this: When has Animated Megatron ever asked his teammates for advice? He's been their leader for thousands of years, and although he lost to the Autobots, he's clearly very good at winning battles. He does what he wants.

Theoretically, Megatron probably thought fighting the earthbound Autobots would be like The Terminator vs. some helpless 20-year-old waitress. With the way he saw it, 3 Omega Supremes vs a bunch of weaklings, logically, should have only taken 5 minutes, and then he could conquer Cybertron. He had every reason to be confident with his decision. Of course, the good guys had something to say about that. :) 

11. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Ayeyayeyayeayeaye!

--

Anyways, that seems like a good episode, but it's not that I didn't like this one. This ending was open ended, yours screams for a continue. But of course, we know (after Kickback going berserk on our asses) that THAT won't be happening. >_>;

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer my ending.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM!

13. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Not really.

1) They needed the security patch first, so this gave him time to asses their capabilities.

2) He had no idea of their weaknesses, and if any bugs arose, this would give him time to fix them before his final, all or nothing attack. His one mistake was underestimating the Earth-based Autobots. Sure, hindsight is 20/20, but his plan was good. If not for the security patch issue, which he could not have forseen, he probably would have won.

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Megatron had no idea Starscream would plant a bomb, He had no idea the Allspark would be resurrected and use the ultimate power of his race to thwart him. He had no idea the Magnus hammer was on earth or Optimus was gonna be able to fly.

These were all things he could not imagine ever happening. As far as he knew, 5 ground-based autobots would simply get stepped on and he would blow up Sumdac tower then attack cybertron.

When his plan began to go downhill, he frankly began to crack. He did not care about his master plans, only about killing Prime. If he was smart, he would have pulled out at the first sign of unexpected resistance.

15. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

there are still so many loose ends. Deviant Art and Facebook have a rallying team... it sounds like they are bombarding Cartoon Network with complaints. I wonder how long they can ignore bunch of fans screaming for more...

16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well going by how poorly they performed on Earth, he did allright...

I think Megatron's fault was simply attacking earth before Shockwave got the codes from Arcee. Had they waited, the Bots probably wouldn't have attacked them and with Megatron controlling the three clones directly, they'd have been much more efficient then with Lugnut in command.

That said I like your take on the episode, except I wouldn't have killed Sentinel off. Not that there'll be a season 4 (unlikely, sadly) but I can see there'll be a lot of tension between him and Prime, who's bound to become Magnus.

The show had a few things I'm still curious about:

-For a Leader sized toy, Ultra Magnus was not really a prominent figure. We never even saw him deploy his toy-mode rockets and other weapons

-It was never explained how much 'alive' Bots with Allspark fragments are. The first two SS clones showed quite much intelligence and emotions (they were basically early versions of Skywarp and Sunstorm) but were then easily overriden by Screamer and sacrificed. Even here, the Omega Lugnuts had sparks but they could be easily controlled by remote, even reprogrammed to Starscream clones...

Forever?

Seriously, Justice League Unlimited or Legion of Superheroes also had such half-assed endings, and they were not continued. Sadly. I like both shows. And they had a much larger fanbase then TFA.

17. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spot-on analysis of Megatron methinks.

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I thought that alternate take had everyone in action for the last episode unlike the original which had as many characters as Megatron Rising. I count 17 characters in this alternate take. Plus, we had some closure on the storyline of Sentinel Prime and Ultra Magnus as well as more of Blitzwing ( who brely showed up in this season), Starscream and his merry clones, namely the female one who just popped up in Part 1 for no apparent reason. Shockwave would just advise Megs the same way Rhinox advised Primal in Beast Wars.

Whatever, I prefer this one than the disappointing mess that was labeled as the series or season finale that didn't do justice to the rest of the exceptionally well written season. Even the three episodes before this two pater were better than that mess. Hopefully, a DTV or some form of fiction expands and improves that thing I saw a few days ago called a finale.

19. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it isn't written in stone that all characters have to be involved in the finale, or that there should be a finality to the characters' lives.

It's like the ending to The Sopranos. We've been observers of these characters' lives, plots and actions, but just because the show has stopped doesn't mean this world we've been eavesdropping on ceases to exist. Maybe Megatron breaks free and steals the Allspark five minutes after the credits roll.