alternate mode transformations

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by beejaloo, Aug 9, 2007.

1. beejaloo

beejaloo Member

is it just me or was anyone else wanting to see more bot to car transformations? i was just watching the movie the other day and i was thinking back... the only transformations from bot to car was bumblebee in the beginning, barricade when chasing bumblee/sam/mikaela, and frenzy into a phone. personally i wish they would have showed more. i would have loved to see optimus get down and transform into his alt mode. it was parts like when the autobots were in the backyard and sam looks out there and he's like "this is not a truck stop!" that brought this to my attention. would it have been that hard to show all of them transform into their alt modes? hard or not i wouldve liked to have seen it and a little more of it.. part of the greatness of the g1 cartoon for me was watching prime's head go down and his arms into his side as he transformed into a semi.
    anyone agree with me yes? no?

2. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I notived the same thing a couple of days ago!

3. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    right on bj! I agree,... when is the sequel coming out anyways? :) 
    I also wondered where his noggin and arms go in the movie-version semi.

4. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I saw a lot of Transforming in this movie, the only thing I didn't see a lot of were some of the characters reverting back to their Vehicle Modes. One minute their robots the next they were cars sitting in a back yard or fleeing from S7. I would've loved to see Prime, Ratchet, and Ironhdie revert to Vehicle Mode. My curiosity was seriously peeked, wondering what the other Autobots and Decepticons would've looked like reverting to their vehicle modes.

In terms of the Cartoon, seen one transformation, you've seen them all --- (save maybe Hot Rod in the 86 movie; did you see the many variations of transforming this character had? Seriously) --- or at least it seemed that way to me; I haven't seen the entire G1 series.

However, in terms of the movie, everyone has a different style of achieving their Robot Modes/Vehicle Modes and thus the curiosity kicks in. I guess they didn't want to bog the movie down with transforming.

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, I think the only time we really got see any of that was when Starscream was converting back and forth while he was taking on the rapter jets. Which was a pretty cool seen.

6. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Go see the movie several more times, it's a little like having a couple more appetizers when you're starving to death. :D 

Seriously, I wanted to see more transforming too. Bumblebee has a couple of good shots of him going into vehicle mode....Um, but you're right, there's too much cutting directly to the vehicle without showing (most of the time) the robot getting into that shape. Now that I think of it, mostly we see them transform from alt mode into robot but not the other way around. :(  It's something to hope for in the DVD!

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    What about BB's increadible transformation before the S7 guys showed up? And in that same scene, Jazz's G1 transform.

8. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

But You Have To Realize.....the Autobots Were Ground Vehicles....civilian Vehicles At That!

That's Why You Starscream Transforming Back And Forth....both Modes Were Useful In Battle.
    So Was Blackout And Megatron!

Now Devastator Only Got To Use His Tank Mode Once....which Was Good Enough!

Plus The Autobots Were In A Crowded Environment Which Didn't Give Them Any Room To Use Their Alt Modes Anyways

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

His arms are the sides of the nose, and his head probably pops out of the cab

10. beejaloo

beejaloo Member

y'see i wasnt disappointed with transformations in the movie...i think witwicky camaro said what i was trying to say best about not seeing a lot of some transformers revert back to vehicle mode. to me personally it would have sealed off the continuity of the transformations for me.

^^ probably so, but i wish they did lol..i mean after all it really couldnt have been so bad..the movie is about transforming robots

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    All the Autobots transformed to vehicle mode when the S7 backup came onto the scene and they took off...but I'm not disagreeing, I wanted more too!

12. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

You really only get to see 6 of the Transformers change to their alt modes.

Blackout
    Barricade
    Bumblebee
    Jazz
    Starscream
    Megatron

I think the reason for this is fluidity. BB, Barri, and Jazz can jump and dive into their cars modes and it'd still be realistic unlike big SUVs, trucks, and semis. The air vehicles can jump and transform into their vehicle modes staying up in the air. While the ground vehicles that are big would have to lay down or something, and it wouldn't be as quick for them. So to keep up the action pace of the movie, they chose not to show them turning into their vehicle modes.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Hey, I've got a question: If a Transformer copies a vehicle that happens to be damaged, will it 'inherit' the damages and problems as well?

14. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Wow...never thought of that before............bb's older model looked "worn"..but thats because he was on earth for a while...

I dont know....

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Yeah, probably, but I think they could alter the mode if they want to, ie adding faction symbols, damage, engine(I doubt someone's gonna put that engine in BB, unless he had a previous owner, which I doubt). Since they basically take a picture and shift into it, I think they "inherit" any details the real car has