Customs: Alternate head for TFTM Cliffjumper and DOTM Megatron

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by vm-01, Nov 4, 2011.

1. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a more classics looking head for CJ. I have a Generatiions Cj in a Pile of Loot arriving in december but I wonder if I could try another head. Maybe the one in Devil Horns kit?

I also want to give Megatron a more classics looking head. I have a WFC Megatron and the 2-pack one. I also have Armada Galvatron. The DOTM figure is in the mail already I'm just playing with ideas in my head. I'm also open to giving this guy an RID Scourge or Motormaster style head.

2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The WFC Megatron head works REALLY well with the DOTM voyager mold, like FrogDNA showed with his custom. Alternatively you could try the Classics deluxe Megatron head. Doesn't match the aesthetic quite as nicely, but still works. I only have Jin's take as an example, and that one is heavily modified. So I can't tell you what it'd look like on an unmodified figure, but it should still work. If you want to give it a more classic look, that's your best option. No idea on what you could use for Cliffjumper though.

Attached Files:

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

That looks great!

i hope my WFC head isn't glued in.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I still don't have my generations CJ but I received a RTS BB. Unfortunately the ball joint is bigger than the one in the TFTM CJ.

2011-11-06.jpg

It's basically just gravity holding it there.

I hope the generations mold has a smaller ball joint otherwise I'll have to try some of that heat shrinking tape to make the TFTM one bigger.

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Here's movie Cliff with the Generations head. The head is also big so I'm definitely going to have to make that joint bigger.

001.JPG