Alt Tracks Variant HOAX!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by snkeyes069, Apr 2, 2006.

1. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Happy April Fools day, everyone. Yeah...it was all a hoax. Since the original thread was locked, I'll post this here:

You're right. Its very easy to fake a store shelf...especially for an MIB/MISB collector like myself. :) 
    Thanks for catching my slip-up. I had to crop the cameraphone pic (from an LG VX6000) in Photoshop, but I forgot about the hidden file data. Thanks to you, I had to take exacting pictures using my digicam later to avoid making the same mistake twice. GOOD CATCH!!
    Hrm...I wonder why? ;) 
    Thanks to you, I had to alter my sig and disable my collection website. How the hell did the Dutch stumble on that pic, anyway? Thanks for the heads-up! :thumb 
    Like I said, it really was a camera-phone pic...just cropped in Photoshop to hide my kitchen counter. The data for the newer pics is real, as everything was done in-camera.
    No reprolabels were used at all. Obviously, the box is standard. The stripes (and hub-cap corvette logos) came from the 1:25th scale model kit available everywhere. I completely disassembled Tracks, coated the blue plastic in a thin layer of Testors Gloss-cote, applied the decals, applied a second thin coat of gloss-cote.

Alas, it was all just an April Fools prank. Not quite the level of "The Fuzzy World" but I tried my best. :) 

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hehe

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate April Fool's

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Seriously, this stuff has been done so many times it's not even remotely funny anymore, and it's ruined any actual legitimate news that may happen to come out on April Fools' Day. All you guys are doing is annoying people.

5. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I thought it was funny. :) 

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Picturing the pulsating vein in RW's forehead was what made it funny for me. :D 

7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Awesome stuff. :) 

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :cry 

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

This the reason I don't post on April 1.

I wanna Tsukkomi! I wanna Tsukkomi the world!

10. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

crap.. and i went to 5 targets looking for the striped le mans tracks... :/ u owe me gas money!!! lol

11. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, all this april fools stuff is just plain annoying, and those who post such "jokes" know so too. It's too bad all of those people can't be banned for at least a couple weeks.

12. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I think some people shouldnt take a hobby so seriously....

13. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I have to say - good show, man. I take these things in the spirit they were intended, and yours definitely wins among the AFD hoaxes I saw yesterday.

Be proud of yourself - and take it as a compliment whenever another Transformer fan slugs you for getting their hopes up :D 

14. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

You really need to chill, ya know? Don't you think you're taking this a tad on the over-serious side?

15. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No i'm not. There are too many people who just post lots of so called april fools stuff and it's annoying. I don't care if it's transformers related or not, it's childish and annoying.

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wasn't funny. However, it was more inventive than THENEWGUY posts. That was just lame.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

well u just knew it was fake anyway...there has not been a new wave including tracks since december...something new like this could not have come from hasbro then. Pretty much sealed the deal that it was fake for me. Now if tracks was shipping again this month it would have been more believable.

18. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow...I didn't expect such a..."varied" response. I'm glad many of you (including the Dutch site) enjoyed the prank. Actually, I'm most concerned for Cataclizm1; poor guy really wanted to believe this was real.

Megatronwp38, the distribution in my area (upstate NY) SUCKS. We're still seeing "fresh" Tracks appearing on store shelves, while CD Scattorshot & other stuff is MIA. So for people in my situation, this was sadly still believable. :banghead: 

19. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Whiy would anyone release legitimate news on April 1st? Anything that is announced that day will be taken with a grain of salt by anyone aware of the date. On that date it would be dumb for any person or company to make an announcement that has a good chance of being doubted.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

:D  That was fun, I learned about Exif from another website where someone had faked what was supposed to be CG art with some real photographs, the problem was the Exif data gave away the fact that the pics were taken with a camera.

You actually did a really good job on faking that, I also didn't realize that a LG VX6000 had such a high pixel density!