Minor/Repaint: Alt Swindle

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Auceps Prime, Jun 20, 2009.

  1. Auceps Prime

    Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2008
    Posts:
    830
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +0
    Ebay:
    Ever sence I bought Alt Swindle I was never really happy with him. He didn't have the touches he need to call him Swindle. So I gave him some mods by removing the roll cage. Also I removed the tire on the back and replaced it with a new rubber tire. Then I gave him a new paint job and waterslides on the hood. Also I add his signature piece his BFG. Hope you all likes C&C please.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. mattarmstrong

    mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2005
    Posts:
    1,802
    Trophy Points:
    161
    Likes:
    +0
    love the mods great job
     
  3. Spekkio

    Spekkio Master of War

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2002
    Posts:
    2,332
    Trophy Points:
    207
    Likes:
    +3
    He looks badass!
     
  4. Rijie78

    Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    Posts:
    1,863
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +1
    Excellent weapon add-ons; BT Swindle is one of my favourite TFs, but he does lack firepower! The shoulder missile launcher works really well in bot mode. Good stuff.
     
  5. aurascope

    aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2005
    Posts:
    795
    Trophy Points:
    147
    Likes:
    +2
    Ebay:
    the binaltech roll-bars are made of metal!
    luckily you bought the alternators version.
    good job!
     
  6. AutoCon2076

    AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2007
    Posts:
    2,687
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +1
    Please, oh PLEASE do tell how you removed the backseat. I've no luck on removing the backseat...and my Toolbox custom Alternator REALLY needs that seat out.

    ~Z
     
  7. Cinemastique

    Cinemastique Earth Culture Specialist

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2006
    Posts:
    863
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +0
    Hehe... I have that CJ-6 model kit, too!

    Nice job!
     
  8. plowking

    plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2007
    Posts:
    10,980
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    257
    Location:
    Earth
    Likes:
    +19
    Nice job. He really looks like his G1 counterpart now :thumb ....loving the BFG too :) 

    The back seat is screwed in from the bottom. to get it out the way I've done it, you'll need to remove the lower part of the leg from the fender assembly....don't loose that spring for the wheel suspension that's in there...and the pin that holds the "ankle" to the lower part of the leg. Now, with an exacto knife, or a box cutter, score the line where the two leg panels meet....they glued these two pieces together....(from experience its mostly at the top of the leg panel, and a little at the bottom where the pin goes thru) just keep scoring that line, and eventually you will get the two leg pieces to separate. Once they do, you can remove the screw that holds the seat in place....then a little dab of glue to help hold them together, pop that pin back in with the "ankle" and your done....repeat for the other leg.

    Looking forward to this "Toolbox" Alt Custom.
     
  9. Auceps Prime

    Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2008
    Posts:
    830
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +0
    Ebay:
    Thanks!
    Cinemastique; yes that is the CJ-6 model kit. I has a lot of nice Jeep add on pieces. Alot of thanks goes out to Wikkid for pointing me in the right direction for that kit.

    The weapon's on G1 Swindle were always one of my favorite's also. It's one of his signature pieces so when i bought him I knew i would need to fix that part about him.
    Also yes the Binaltech version of Swindle has metal Rollbars, so with the Alt version it does make it alot easier to add on these mods.

    That sounds about right on how to remove the seats. Also I added some superglue and puddy to the screw holes then sanded them smooth.
     

Share This Page