Minor/Repaint: Alt Sunstreaker tweaks, plus old SS custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pun-3X, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, the Dead-End repaint into Sunstreaker mod I did was shown a bit ago. Only thing he needed to be finished was the license plate. Of course, by that point they'd announced that they would go ahead and release the Sunstreaker scheme afterall. Oi.

In any case, I modified the new Alt Streaker to transform as my old one did, plus I swapped some of the black/painted parts for the new gray ones.

[​IMG]

The only thing is this--I like him painted in my guy's scheme. With the yellow chest separating upper and lower black body. The new one has an upper yellow body, yellow center, and the rest black. Also pretty nice...but I dunno. And swapping the upper body segments is not possible for me, as I don't think I can remove those large-head pins.

[​IMG]

I'll probably go ahead and put some extra stripes on the doors like my original.

[​IMG]

You can see how the bonnet fits with the new transformation. Still possible to go the old route if one wanted to.

Well, on that note I do have an extra custom Sunstreaker. Problem is, the paint was so wrong for the guy that it chips. (Painted him up before I got into Krylon Fusion, or any other Krylon paints) Still nice for display, though.

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Personally, I like the windshild mod of that mold to be on Dead-End. Sunstreaker had his windshield on his stomache in G1...

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

hmmm, what windshield mod are you referring to? I've never seen it or read how it was done, and since I'm going to be getting sunstreaker, I'd like to know more about it. have any pics or links to them?

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    The original Sunstreaker, unlike his "brother" Sideswipe transformed very different. For Sideswipe, his car hood and front formed his chest, his windshield was on the back. The new Sideswipe mold actually has a transform that is very similar to how Sunstreaker transformed back in G1.

5. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Well, the Windshield mod was done with one particular Dead End that was kitbashed into a more accurate-looking Dead End. (can't remember who did it) One of the things he did was make the windshield able to swivel around to his back. He did more with it, but I couldn't figure out how.

Anyway, steps are straight forward.

[​IMG]

This is how he looks normally.

[​IMG]

Two major things you have to do. One, cut the tabs indicated on Sideswipe by the drawn red bar. You can see Sunstreaker's already cut. You'll need this to allow the windshield to rotate all the way around.

Second step is to round out the square peg that the windshield slides onto. When you take him apart, you'll see what I'm referring to. Round the four corners just enough until you can swing the windshield all the way around.

[​IMG]

This last step is optional. It's the good ol' back end modification for Sideswipe (to create either a backpack or chest, depending how you like it. You simply cut a knotch as shown above. This allows the bonnet to swing down until it touches the shoulders. Relatively easy enough.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yeah, the ones in this thread. :p  He did the mod so the windsheild would swivel around to his back.

I'm leaving Streaker alone, doing the windshield mod on Dead-End, and have done the trunk chest mod to Sideswipe. That way they all look distinctly different.