Minor/Repaint: Alt Stunticons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by djmagic, Feb 11, 2009.

1. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Ok so I have been talking to Superquad7 about this and he said I should post here. So I'm thinking about completing the Stunticons in the Alternators. Now I'm gonna cheat and use Decepticharge as Dragstrip.
    With Wildrider I'm thinking of taking the Smokescreen mold and turning it into this Monster Energy rally car.
    Subaru Rally Team USA - Olympus Rally
    With Breakdown I want to do Grimlock in white with a wide stripe in the middle.
    For Motormaster I want to use Nemisis Prime with a possibly different head and do a decal like this on the back
    http://www.leeparts.com/graphics/MA05U_DR_____3264_BEE.jpg

Now I've never done reprolabels, or any labels. The thing is though I would like it to be nice and smooth like the decals on Smokescreen. I was thinking of clearcoating the decals but I'm not sure. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Attached Files:

2. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

that'll be so awsome when you finish man! i was thinking about turning alt smokescreen into that rally car the other day.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    when I made my motormaster, I digibashed designs, and I had one where he was a black truck but grey robot. I got complaints that it was too busy looking. :(  I ended up painting the truck silver with black hood stripes, and grey undercarriage. so glad I did, though I admit to still wishing for a black truck. but the 'bot mode is spot-on.

4. djmagic

Were you watching rob dyrdek's fantasy factory preview too?
    So any ideas on how to make the decals smooth? Is there clear label or decal paper? Also how easy is it to find alt parts? I really don't want to buy a whole alt for a head or spoiler.

5. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Grimlock in white with a stripe down the middle is actually Alt wheeljack, If that helps. Couldn't stand to sit here imagining you unnecessarily painting something white!!! and he's more 'sporty' than the grimlock version which is double win.

I did something similar for mine, Breakdown from wheeljack, Dead End from..er..Dead End, Drag Strip from Yellow Tracks, Wildrider from Hot Rod and the good old Motormaster from Nemesis Prime. So thats two we've done the same. I say 'the same' but I can't wait to see the differences. thats what I love about customs!!!!

6. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

what i would do, is cut out the designs on a piece of paper, then use spray paint or normal paint to get a good decal. and if you have to you can go sculpt your own head for the guy. hope this helps!

7. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    If your wanting to keep the Rally theme going throughout all the Stunticons. You could go with this for Breakdown. Its a KO Binaltech redeco of Jazz GenZhao has them on his sales thread.

Attached Files:

8. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
  9. djmagic

Yeah I was think that stripe style for breakdown. The only thing about the grimlock mold I like is the wheels and the trunk kinda, I want to do my own spoiler for that. So any other suggestions for the decals. Pepsiprime, I like your idea and will probally use it when doing the monster logo. Just need the smaller ones too. I'm probally gonna buy a smokescreen and start with Wilrrider. Then do Motormaster and Breakdown last. So I'll probally start in the next couple of weeks.