alt skids, tracks repaints/remolds?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KA, Aug 1, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the most recent alt repaint is camshaft, and with nemesis, hasbro has skipped (for the time being) skids.

who do you think skids and mirage (eventually) will be repainted into?

i'd love to see the skids mold in red (it looks good in silver too) and mirage in...also red. i like red, bwaaaaa.....

2. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Well if Skids does get repainted he will probably be done up as Ironhide and/or Ratchet since those the the G1 Characters that most resemble his mold.

And Mirage will be repainted as Rodimus in the KISS line according to the design sketches.

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Skids, as Ironhide? Nah, that's too logical. Think of some obscure, hardly known or loved character, and that'll be the repaint. I'd be surprised if the Skids repaint was a notable and immediately recognizeable character.

Mirage, well, he's getting a cool redeco/repaint for Japan (which some of us are going to import) but as for a Stateside repaint it's hard to say. I'd like to see him as, of all characters, repainted in the commemorative paint scheme as Blurr. You can go to http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/colorselector.asp and launch the "Color Selector" to see the scheme I'm talking about.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i would so dig mirage repainted in red, not as rodimus, but hot rod. it would SO fit the car.

5. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Regarding the thread title.

NO MORE C5 CORVETTES PLEASE.

XB is too 'wimpy' for Ironhide, Perceptor would ... do.

As for the GT I suspect there will be two Alt repaints, one of which could be Wildrider - the GT comes in a 'Titanium' finish simillar enough to the original Wildrider.....

Plus Anime Wildrider had horns on his head too, albeit horizontal ones.

Alternators Rodimus (they don't appear to have the rights to 'Hot Rod') seems likely enough, although i think they'll wait until the dust has settled on Kiss Hot Rodimus before they say anything.........

6. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Well there is already a repaint of Wildrider in the S2000 mold in the Binaltech line, I highly doubt Hasbro would release the same character as a different mold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Sadly, that BT figure was cancelled and never saw the light of day. I do suspect, though, it will be released by Hasbro at some time.

8. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I don't expect any more repaints of the Vette mold.

Scion xB - Ironhide or Blaster. Ratchet would be a terrible coice for this mold, a Scion is too small to be an ambulance. Soundwave is the only Con I can think of for this mold.

Ford GT - I think we'll get the Hot Rod(imus) repaint. It could also work for Blurr using the light blue/orange color scheme available on the GT. For a Con, I think Drag Strip would be a good choice. Yellow is an available color and his G1 alt mode was similar to Mirage.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

This WAS takaras version of Hasbros Decepticharge. Takara felt that the yellow and fake racing logos departed too much from realisim and was going with this color scheme, however it was postponed indefinaley over a year ago. I doubt hasbro will release it since they already released Decepticharge. If they release the S2000 again I am sure it will be a different color...or maybe it will be silver but it will most likely be an autobot.

As for Mirage......all of the sleek Pre season 3 cars have been done. It could be Hot Rod(imus) or Blurr. In that anniversary white with blue stripes it would have made a perfect wheeljack....I can see blurr in that though.

the xB I could see perceptor....I really can see Ironhide even if it is a smaller truck thing. It would work...not as ratchet though. Too small for an ambulence.

*NOTE* About toywiz...they are not a very good source for Transformers. When they got Camshaft in, they actually had two listings for him...one called Camshaft for $24.99 and one called "Shaft" for $18.99. Each listing had the same picture and the same description. When I asked the difference they simply said, " It's simple...they are the newest alternators from hasbro, one being Camshaft and the other being Shaft." That's all they said. THey are totally clueless when it comes to transformers. None the less in 10 minutes the cheaper listing for camshaft was removed and the more expensive one was kept! LOL..

10. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Scion: Obviously, that mold deserves an Ironhide, it suits him perfectly.

By tha way, I saw a Soundwave kitbach using that mold, and it looked superb!

Ford GT: Hot Rod (though I miss his spoiler, with it it wouldn't be an Alt), Blurr, and also Windcharger.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Actually, if this had been released, it would have been Black Widow (aka Blackarachnia), not Wildrider.

12. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I'd like to see a Scion or Prime remold as Soundwave. More decepticon characters the better though. After the toyfair though I have little expectations for the line though after hearing how few are going to be released over the next 12 months. I would like an Alt decepticon army before I'm 30.

13. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Do wha? You DO realize Rodimus and Hot Rod are the same character, but Hasbro hasn't been able to use the "Hot Rod" name since 2002.

Hot Rod will never be named "hot rod" again, he will be Rodimus.

14. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Now I understand why they're using the name Hot Shot instead of Hot Rod XD

Is there any legal reason?

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think the Scion could make a decent Ironhide or Ratchet. Though I'd admitedly want to see them as something else. Given Hasbro's penchant for odd repaints... I'd say Perceptor is a possability. Doubt we'd get Blaster like Takara released in the BT* line... but that would save me some money though...

As for the Ford GT. I'd love to see it get a statside repaint as Rodimus. But with some retooling to make it look more like the character. As for getting a straight up repaint of the Ford GT... I'd like an actual Drag Strip please... yeah, not Decepticharge posing as Drag Strip... Drag Strip.

Oh, and while we're on the subject Hasbro, get off your duffs and give us that planned Wildrider/Blackarachnia repaint of the Decepticharge mold that Takara was planning! That was a sweet figure and unfortunate that it didn't get released, but Hasbro's garish Decepticharge monstrosity did.

I do hope they stop with the straight repainst for awhile though and start going back to some retoolings of characters. Right now I'm justifying that Ricochet and Rollbar were third uses and just pulled out at the last minute so that's why they weren't retooled. And Nemesis Prime was a convention exclusive... no retooling there. Camshaft is a little harder to justify, but they probably figured they could simply make some extra money off Alt fans by porting the Blue Prowl mold to the US and it did have the same head as Prowl even if the car mode was heavily retooled.