I've always thought it would be cool to make an Alternator using the same model of vehicle I drive. Since I have yet to step up to a Viper or SRT-10, or any other available Alternator represented vehicle for that matter, it looked like I would have to do a bit of customizing. OK...so I'm lookin' around for a 1:24 scale Dodge Dakota model...nada. I looked high and low, went all over the internet, went to hobby shop after hobby shop, and found nothing but the fact that 1) There doesn't seem to be a high demand for Dakota models, and 2) The only one that any company had any record of was a 1:18 scale diecast version...which wouldn't help me out much, unless I decided to kitbash one of those big Roadbot toys, plus, that 1:18 scale model had been discontinued a couple years ago anyway. So...after a trip to the model section at Johnny's Toys on Winton Rd (northern Cincy area), I found this: Not quite a Dakota, but about as close as I was going to get...plus it just happens to be a great looking...er...truck...IMHO. The next step was to figure out what Alt. I would kitbash. I figured that since the Sidewinder is a V10 based vehicle, maybe it would have similar proportions to Alt. Sideswipe, well, that and I happened upon a loose Sideswipe at a local toy shop for $6. Enter $6 TF soon to be hacked the fuck up: After studying him and the model kit for a while, I decided to start the disassembly of Sideswipe to see what he would look like, less the body panels and other parts that would have to go. Enter one L.A. Ghetto-stripped Viper: After much trial fitting and general fiddling around, I discovered that the Viper model had a much much longer hood length than the Sidewinder, which necessitated that I relocate the "knee" joint so that the front end would push in closer to the windshield. After a shitload of scraping, filing, sanding, fitting, cutting, gluing, fitting, more cutting, more grinding, filling of gaps and lines, and borrowing of ball joints from a G1 Astrotrain, I finally reached, what I consider, to be a halfway decent fit of all the parts. I applied two light coats of Testor's primer, wet sanded between coats, and three coats of Testor's Model Master black enamel, wet sanded between coats, to the body panels. I used Testor's gray filler putty to make a face mask on the head, and generally smoothed out the lines and edges on his head as well. The bot body then got two coats of Testor's acrylic flat black paint to clean things up. Here are the results: I still have a few decals to add, I need to paint the tail lights and add the lenses, and I need to put the headlights and grill insert into the front end. I just couldn't wait to post this...its been a long time in the making. I hope you like it. Let me know what you guys think and let me know if there is anything you would like to see changed on him.