Alt Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Pravus Prime, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, it would seem my patience was finally rewarded. After what seems like countless months (perhaps even half a year or more), of never having even seen a Alt Shockwave (Shockwave damnit! Not Shockblast!) I finally spotted one at Toys R Us, and picked him up. I don't even know how many times I was tempted to purchase him online, for a higher price. I mean, it's Shockwave, it's the RX-8 mold (My favorite of all the Alt Molds so far), it's pretty darn cool, so it was a no brainer instant purchase for me.

Let me say, I was immensely disapointed. The drivers side door fell off almost right away. Transforming him, his Right arm didn't like to stay attached. Liveable, but frustrating. However, I could not Transform him and have the hood stay attached. The head always knocked the hood clear off. The hood reveal swivel would come off from the hood. I'd have to untrasform it to get the hood back on, but then couldn't get it to transform without it falling back off. Envious of the other bits, the left arm fell off. After more than a half hour, I was about ready to take a hammer to it. The hood had what looked like stress marks on it from all the popping and not fitting.

However, I kept my cool, and went to TRU the next day, and exchanged it. (I was lucky, there were 3 there total) If this one wasn't any better, I'd live with it. If it was worse, I'd try again. Getting it home, and opened, I was a bit nervous, I'll admit. Transforming him. Carefully, slowly...Ta DA! Yep, that's right, stayed together, transformed flawlessly. Back to car, back to robot, back to car. No problems at all. Fortune smiled on this one, and on me.

Okay, I'm not going to provide pics, or really that much of a review; the figs been out forever almost. Needless to say, (as I mentioned it earlier), the RX-8 is my favorite of all the Alt modes, and the mods made between Shockwave and Meister almost make them completely different. The front end and spoiler especially; which is to Shocky's benefit, as the front end looks a lot like his old G1 chest. The eye pipe feature is cool, as is the laser hand, all in all, he's my favorite alt, at least so far. (Hasbro/Ford: Hey, make a Ford Escape/Escape Hybrid Alt, will you? :ev:  )

So, if you haven't gotten it yet, but you buy alts, why not? If you're waiting for it to be in your area, you may want to look sometime soon, as long as it's not a fall apart defecticon, I think you'll be really pleased with it.

I'll admit, I was at TRU on Black Friday, at 6:30 AM. The place was madhouse, but I was there to take advantage of a PS2 deal (I bought Gran Tourismo 4 and got a driving wheel and pedal accessory free [saw it marked at the store 59.99, but the ad had it as a 39.99 value]), anywho, waiting in line, I saw the alt Shockblast I had returned, sitting on the shelf, poorly taped back together. Seems like a shady proposition to me.

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits: