Minor/Repaint: Alt Seekers

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks to SQ7 for the inspiration to do these guys and to Plowking for hooking up the sweet deal on the base figs

I know some of you may be going, "oh great more alts" but hey they're my alts.

I did my version of the 3 Seekers even though I told myself I wouldn't do them cuz the MP seekers are fine for my display, but I did a Megs so what the heck.

I used the 3 US molds and all of them have Smokescreen's spoiler, if you could tell already. I added repro license plates and logos but I didn't have enough to do all the guns.

Before anyone says, "how do you tell Thundercracker apart from Smokey?" I'm planning a G1 repaint of old Smokes so don't worry he will look different. I also have reprofied my Silversteak so Screamer is the clean bodied one, a bit more in disguise since he's a bit more sneaky.

Let me know what you think. TC is my favorite of the bunch

[att]3757[/att]
    [att]3758[/att]
    [att]3759[/att]
    [att]3760[/att]
    [att]3761[/att]
    [att]3762[/att]
    [att]3763[/att]

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    really nice paint aps, man. You should make yourself some nullrays with ink pens too :) 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Lucs, you did a really nice job on these! I have to say that I'm not digging the Thundercracker-screen so much, but that's only because he reads to me as Smokescreen still. You explained your intentions there though. Skywarp is pretty cool too, but Starscream is the runaway favorite of mine. You did a really nice job capturing the "essence" of him. I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your work and it's obvious that you're simply having a blast. It's just such a thrill to see someone having fun like this :thumb 

Waytago! :) 

Can we see some alt mode photos?

I used mechanical pencils for mine, but I'd imagine one could use some old ink pens :throw 

:lol 

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice work Lucs!!....glad to see you were able to put them to good use :lol 

I'd have to say the Screamer is my fave out of the three...:thumb 

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Wonder what a set of those Subaru decals from reprolabels would do for Skywarp. Very nice work.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I do like those reprolabels for Skywarp too. I might get them. If I did I'd have to get something for screamer too.

I'm glad most people like Starscream. I picked that color out specially for this project but I wasn't sure if I liked it after it was done

7. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Did reprolabels ever actually release the Skywarp set? I dont remember seeing it on their site.

How would someone go about making null rays out of pens? I'd love to make a few myself

Also, how did you make the heads? After removing the crest on the head did you just dremel the head smooth or did you use a puddy/filler of some sort?

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/Alternators-Binaltech/Seekers/?g2_GALLERYSID=211197b5865547cdab351d49372ecca7

These are the customs Lucs was referring to in his initial post. "Pens" weren't used; used mechanical pencils are what I used to make my null rays out of. Also, I used the taps that are on soap dispensers (that must be removed to use the dispenser) as well as the twist tie docks that come in most toy packages. I just assembled the pencil pieces like I wanted them, secured the pieces with superglue, and fashioned a connector from a nail to connect to the forearms. /shameless plug (though to be respectful to Lucs, I didn't post images within this thread :wink: ).

In terms of the heads, I'm not sure what Lucs did, but I'd imagine it was similar to my process where I simply shaved the crest off and sanded it down.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Brilliant work all round! I definitely think some racing decals for Screamer and Skywarp would really set them off, though, and help them fit in better as a group.

Might I make another couple of teeny suggestions? Have you considered maybe painting the 'ear' vents of Screamer and TC in their main hull colour, to help further evoke the G1 feel? It'd sort of reflect the colour of their original nosepieces, which formed the vents in robot mode. It'd also help make the heads 'pop' a bit more, as well as painting the eyes (which appear very dark in the pics) - they do seem to recess somewhat, with only the silver of the lower faces drawing attention to them.

Let's see those alt modes! :D