Alt Roddy fails, Impulse buys anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Anyone else buy something this weekend (or today) just because Alt Rodimus sold out/was never listed (depending on the day)?

I bought a Legends Rachet... It sucks so bad I'm returning it...

I still hope I can nab a Menasor before those sell out, but even at 1 selling/minute, I think I won't convince myself before they sell out...

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I bought Alt Rodimus ON an impulse buy, even though I wasn't planning on getting him. I'm debating whether or not I'll actually keep him, though, as I like Mirage a great deal more.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I did -- while checking for Roddy, Menasor, and the McQuarrie Obi-Wan/Yoda 2-pack last night (well, VERY early this morning, truthfully). I discovered that they had restocked McQuarrie Chewie, and had the SW/TF Attacktix 6-pack and TF Battle Master 2-pack for $5 off each, so I ordered 'em.

Then I got the 3 SDCC exclusives I wanted ordered successfully today, to boot. :D 

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  4. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I wasn't going to get Tit Menasor, but I decided "what the hell" when I was getting Alt Roddy. MIssed out on Gold Pimp Daddy Destro though. :mad 

5. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I also got Ricochet. Figured it was worth $10.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I didn't want Alt Roddy. So I passed. Thankfully was on HTS before any news sites picked up that they were on sale.

Ended up with 2 SDCC She-Hulk's, 2 SDCC Stan Lee's, 2 SDCC Gold Destro's, and 2 SDCC Silver Destro's.

:D 

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was so grateful Rodimus was available I scooped up Rollbar and Ricochet as well.

8. ODarkThirty

ODarkThirty Mechannibal?Survey says..

Miffed at missing out on Alt Rodimus and because there wasn't anything else in stock that interested me on hasbrotoyshop.com I went out to see if I could find anything locally. Nada. The shelves were still picked CLEAN like they've been for the last few days except for one store. In that store sitting all by himself in an empty section was a classics Devastator. Since I missed out getting him the first time around Wal-Mart had him in stock a few months back...

I bought him. I bought him HARD. This is your fault Rodimus! *shakes fist angrily*

9. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Just a Menasor.

10. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Last week, while waiting, I bought some xevoz figures that were on clearance, and some gi joe vehicle that was $7 marked down from $30.

Today I purchased one Rodimus. Then, later on, while looking around I purchased one of the pony exclusives for my daughter, and another rodimus.

11. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I got me another ricochet for the 10 bucks while I was buying me a Roddy :D 

12. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was feeling "shoppy"(I dunno what word might work better, but I'm usin' that anyway) and wound up getting a classic mirage, tit. scourge and starscream, and the darth vader statue.

My wallet is going to hate me for the rest of the week.

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Rodimus was sold out by the time I got the news and went over there. Almost bought Menasor since he was in stock, but decided against it. It's a black Rodimus. Black Rodimus =/= Menasor.

14. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    I bought Alt Wheeljack off ebay because I figured I'd have to wait for BBTS.com's preorders to arrive. But I was up and ready today for Rod and Tit Men.

15. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I just wanted 2 Battlestar Galactica Tit. 3-Packs, but the cart ended up being filled with those + She-Hulk, Destro, Rodimus, Menasor. I also bought over the weekend off ebay SDCC exclusives JLU poster checklist, BSG LE Unpainted Chief, and Lost lugage tags. I spent almost as much as I did in the dealer room at Botcon, from sitting in a chair at home.

16. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I hate you :D 
    Had one in my cart, but it sold out before I got to checkout. :( 

17. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I got Menasor and 2 silver destros. I didn't really want the titanium menasor, but was bummed I missed the gold destros. :( 

Edit: but, I was out at Target which to my surprise put out a small grouping of Leader movie primes (which I initially missed) and I got two of em. So, I missed the gold destros, but I got leader primes which I wanted more anyway! :) 

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  18. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

No, I'm just really bummed I missed on Rodimus. Anyone have an extra?

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was at work, totally missed alt Roddy. Thank goodness for the KP Roddy I have already. Still I would love to have myself one someday.