Minor/Repaint: Alt Red Alert (reprolabels)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Orodruin, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wasn't sure if this was better suited here or the feedback section, since it's half bash, half review of the sticker set. So punt if needed.

This is just a straight sticker application, nothing else done yet. The main issue with this set is that it seems to have been designed for BT Prowl instead of Alt Prowl. It's mainly an issue where the alt has paint apps that differe from the BT. The hood logos for one- the smaller autobot logo for the hood doesn't quite perfectly cover the police emblem.

[​IMG]

The doors are the other main issue. The Highway Patrol signs show through the stickers a little and to cover them completely you have to put the stickers on the opposite side from where they're meant to go. That leads to having the sticker cover part of the door handle. Easily cut away, but it's still a thing.

[​IMG]

The last problem is that the Alt uses a light blue for most of the interior and underside sections where the BT uses gray. Now this isn't really an issue with the stickers, but the colors clash a bit in bot mode. It's not a big deal in car mode though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They did include a lisence plate sticker, which is a great touch.
    [​IMG]

For anyone else who's doing this conversion, I'd suggest trying to remove the extra paint apps from the hood and doors before putting the stickers on. I'd thought about trying to paint the blue plastic black or grey, but it looks like just way too much work to take him apart that thoroughly.

I'm planning on painting the head red, and maybe doing a few other things as well; I'll post pics when I do.

2. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Why didn't they just make the stickers suited for the actual red alert that was released for the binaltech line?

3. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Probably because the Alt Prowl is tons easier to get a hold of than the BT Alert. They may do a conversion set for that one as well, but for now this is actually the more logical choice.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That looks good man, you did a nice job!

I had problems with my door stickers, they would'nt cover the police stuff up all the way, and swapped the they either covered the doorhandle , or looked crooked. So took the police off the side since I have 2 Prowls.

Here's what he looks like with the BTA Alert headswap
    [​IMG]

Now hoping they make Ratchet decals to ambulance out the BTA Alert fig with Prowls head.

On the hood I put the firechief decal about a millimeter higher so the other decal would cover the police sign.
    At first I had it even with the hood tip and had the same problem where it was'nt covering it up right.
    My bumper stickers were a little too long and went around the fenders.

Ah well, you obviously pulled it off well.

We were probably wrestling with our RA decals at the same time :lol 

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    LOOKS GREAT! I have an extra Prowl (or two) that I'm debating putting the Reprolabels.com sticker set on to make a Red Alert such as the kit allows, and also getting Rollbar with their kit to make Tantrum.

6. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks great mate!
    Ya need to get the red head thing now :D 

7. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Damnit! Now I'm going to have to pick up another Prowl... and some repro labels... and a BTA Alert... damnit!

Looks amazing though. I think this deserves a showcase in the "labels" thread. :rock  :rock  :rock 

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, you could just do like the other guy, and get a jazz head and take off the visor, then do some really tiny mods to the helmet to get a toy and toon accurate head :p  piece o'cake right?

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice job on yours CM! I was thinking about waiting to do mine till I saw how yours came out, but I just wasn't patient enough. :p  I'm not sure how much I like the headswap though. I did my own tweaking to the head and I think it came out pretty well.
    [​IMG]

Doors are off for the moment, I'm going to try to strip the paint entirely and repaint as needed to put the stickers on the proper sides.