Alt Ravage v2

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Swoop, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Got him today from Argos, thanks to the heads up from Fort Max.

After tearing my way through the box (which idiot was responsible for designing a box that you have to ruin to get the figure out of??), I was able to have a proper look at him. He looks nice in car mode and (though I am biased) to see a British car in the Alt line up is pretty sweet. Though it'd have been the icing on the cake for his alt mode if he'd have been in the classic racing green..

Bot mode next.

Once you finish transforming him, which is pretty straightforward (apart from the missiles, which were a pain to get into the right position), he looks like a pretty good attempt at working G1 Ravage into the line. At least, that's before you look at the articulation.

And the articulation is where Ravage comes unstuck. The missiles are pretty posable, as is the head, but it's downhill from there. The back legs can only move forwards and backwards at the thighs, knees and paws, while the front legs are much the same apart from a ball joint at the knee. This should be an improvement, but it's immediately offset by the discovery that the front legs are stuck pointing forwards, because something is blocking them from moving back very far. And this is a flaw that really drags Ravage down, because he could have been great with more poseability, and greater articulation should be expected these days, certainly in a toy at this pricepoint and with this level of design.

Still, it's always nice to see a Decepticon Alt, especially one that's not just a repaint of an Autobot Alt, and one that doesn't have a humanoid form.

Final score: 7.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    You lucky dog! Dang, even with those "faults" and his lack of opening bonnet I still can't wait to get mine either. He looks sweet.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ravage is awesome. Top marks to Hasbro for trying something different with the Alts. Ravage has a lot of character and really stands out among the Alts. I'm also loving the "James Bond" mode, or car mode with the missiles deployed.
    Detail is excellent, poseability is pretty good, considering that he has to fold up into a car as well. The front and rear lights are clear plastic this go around.
    The Jag mode is nice too, granted he lacks the opening bonnet of the other Alts, and you can see parts of his cat mode through the rear window.

And now what you were probably here for to begin with:

Boxed (the blue smear is the tape Argos uses to attach the receipt to things, ugh):

[​IMG]

Vehicle mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vehicle Interior:

[​IMG]

License Plate Closeup:

[​IMG]

Jaguar Mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Closeup of the Head:

[​IMG]

And to top it all off, a groupshot with G1, Energon, BW, and Alt Ravage

[​IMG]

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Argos? Is there anymore new Alts in Argos?

5. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The listing leaked a while back, Ravage is the only new one, unless there are some ones released elsewhere previously but new to the UK in there.

6. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Has the UK got Mirage yet? I really want that but I dont want to get it online.

7. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He's not out over here yet. Honestly, if you want him, I'd get him online, the odds of him making it out over here are slim since Hasbro UK only markets a couple of Alts a year, and then only brands recognisable to the UK (hence no Rumble or Prowl). Ravage here might well be the last Alt to be released in the UK.

8. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Damn it. Apart from ebay and bbts where else can I get it?

9. eatwood

eatwood Well-Known Member

Do anyone know if the license plate will be different for the US version? Will it be Euro plate or a state plate?

10. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Is it me, or does Sol Fury's images of Ravage show him as having foot room for the driver and passenger? If so, that means that 1:24 scale figures like M.A.S.K would fit in him. Better dig out mile Myles Mayhem figure...

11. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, I just tried it and the gap under the dashboard is just a little too narrow to take the feet. I'm sure you could work around that, though. Perhaps put him in there as you transform him? I might have to try that later.

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

It's not really 'new' but Grimlock was on the list too i think.

13. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Heh. Already got Grimlock about a year ago when Ace imported it and Meister in the red Gridded box. Missed that Meister but got it a few months back in the bubble packaging when they imported him again.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After tinkering with mine for a little bit, it's grown on me.

There're some minor niggles ;

The lack of a folding bumper, plus the fact that the hinge for the hood is just a hair short means that the hood sits a litlte high.

The doors on mine are prone to popping off.

It shouldn't really work, but somehow it does - i certainly prefer it to the last new Alt mold that was released; it has a decent degree of complexity for it's pricepoint.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    definately a step up from the last new alt we got (but then again when it's alt prime thats not hard :roll)

it will still be the uk plate. (should be printed on yellow to be authentic though)

the reason i think it will be the same is because we got alt prime with california printed on his plate

16. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Well, this is a cool Alt. Love the rocket launchers. My only gripe is the fact that hist stomach region likes to move left or right when being handled.

17. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine today from Argos in Birmingham. His robot mode is slightly iffy (and the Decepticon symbol is scratched on mine), but it's quite clever. Vehicle mode is beautiful, as you'd expect from a Jaguar. One thing that I really don't like though is that they didn't chrome his exhausts. They're just a slightly shiny grey, which is a bit dull.

I'd say he's definitely worth the purchase.

18. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    I wasn't so sure about this, but now I think I'm interested! Which tape will be next (besides rumble)? Ratbat? Steeljaw?

I think that Laserbeak would be freaking awesome. A car that turns into a flying thing might not fly (no pun intended) with execs.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He looks cooler than I thought he would judging from the other photos I've seen. Thanks Swoop, I'm actually interested now. :D 

20. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

WOW! Those pictures really do him more justice. I was gonna pass on this one, but now that I've seen those pics, I can't wait to spot him so I can snatch him.