Alt Ravage V.2 in Singapore - Where?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TimToyGeek, Mar 7, 2007.

1. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

So I want Alt Ravage. Sure, so does everyone. Thing is, I know someone who knows someone who lives in Singapore, where it's supposedly out enough to be found, and is willing to go look for it for me. But this person is not a toy collector, so she wanted to know where to find it.

So, anyone in Singapore know where Alt Ravage v.2 is being stocked? Not sure where exactly in Singapore, but any information, addresses, etc. would be vastly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tim
    "toy geek"

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I live in Singapore but I have no idea what is Alt Ravage 2.0 is and I've not seen any Alt Ravage in any main retail outlets or any import shops that I know of. Do you have a picture of him? Sorry, I gave up on that line quite some time back as I'm collecting other stuff.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Alt Ravage 2.0 is the name given to the second Ravage which changes from a jaguar to a robotic cat rather than robot with ravage's head.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh ok, I will be in town today and I will keep my eyes peeled for him. I know that the new Ravage but I didn't know he's known as Ravage 2.0. I think I "heard" he was released at an import shop but I'm not sure.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ravage is in wide release in malaysia at least. last i heard ravage was available at bird shops in SG, hehe.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh, I know the shop...glad to know that my "sources" aren't out-dated yet! LOL! It also means that the toy hasn't been released at retail level yet as compared to Malaysia (where KA resides). TimToyGeek, why don't you wait for awhile more? I'm sure he should be easily available at mass retail in the States.

Anyway, I've attached an ebay Singapore auction of an alternator Ravage 2.0...the auction seller (I think) is from one of the import shops in my country.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Transformers-Alternators-Ravage-Jaguar-XK_W0QQitemZ270094644279QQihZ017QQcategoryZ753QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

7. TimToyGeek

Well, there's a lot of speculation that the second Alt. Ravage and Alt. Rumble won't be released in the States, either this year or maybe at all - all we're going to get for a while are Movie toys. Almost no regular retail shops even carry Alternators anymore. And even with him being released at retail in the US, I never did find an Alt. Mirage in a store, so I thought I'd try the Singapore route for Alt. Ravage.

What are "bird shops"? I have someone in Singapore who is willing to look for Alt. Ravage for me, but doesn't know where to start looking. Can anyone give a shop's name where they are available?

Thanks

Tim
    "Toy geek"

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh, I see your problem. The term "bird shop" refers to a shop called the "The Falcon's Hangar". To local Singapore collectors, the "Falcon" is a bird hence the nick...""bird shop".

Why the stupid nick? Because Singapore as basically a "police state" (despite its claims in the media that the country has loosen-up) and that the sgcollect forums (a website for Singapore collectors) have been threatened by lawsuits by some shops because posters were opening commenting and posting the name of the shops and the prices of the toys sold.

To avoid legal action, posters there adapt nicks to "help" each other. Ridiculous yes? Singapore is practically a real life "2000AD world" (where Judge Dredd lives). Where the govt. are literally the "law". Anyone who has been to Singapore...don't let the "whole" image fool ya...average joes have "no rights" at all.

That is the price, Singapore collectors pay...we have access to both US and Japanese toys but the society that we live in is C-R-A-P.

Anyway, the shop you're looking for i.e. "The Falcon Hangar" is located in Orchard Road in a mall known as Far East Plaza. I can't recall the unit number but it is located on the 2nd last floor.

Its quite a small shop. The owner is a helpful chap. I'm going one step further...here's the telephone no. - 62352390. The shop opens around noon and closes around 8pm. I'm too sure if the timings have changed though. Hope that helps.

The thing is shops like the Falcon carry limited stocks...once the toy is sold its gone...although they may re-stock. That's how they survive.

9. TimToyGeek

Thanks for the information - it's funny, when I did a quick search yesterday for Singapore shops that had Alt Ravage for sale, the Falcon's Hangar was number one on the list, and I sent all the info from their website to the person in Singapore. Works out well.

Would Alt Ravage be carried - or is in in stock as far as anyone knows - in TRU Singapore or any of the various department stores that carry TFs there? I was able to give a list just by going from the SGCollect sightings board, but I didn't see any Ravage sightings.

Good to know it's in at least one place anyway.

Judging by the way US retailers are treating Alternators, I think this might be the easiest way to get this guy.

Tim
    "toy geek"

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    No problem, just remember to ask your friend to give the shop a call to query on the toy's availability.

I believe the reason why most searches bring up the Hangar is because many of the local (Singapore) import shops don't reply on internet sales.

I did check the sightings for you on sgcollect but to no avail and a trip to some major retailers yesterday brought no success either (forgot to mention that in my earlier post) but I did not make a trip to TRU as it was out of the way.

Many Singapore collectors are quite secretive on their purchases nowadays...collecting in my country has reached a sad state in my country where "collectors" don't really help one another.

My take on the Alt. Ravage situation in Singapore? I give it a 99.9% chance for Ravage to be released at retail level but at what quantities I can't predict because the last few Alt. releases were clogging the shelves.

11. TimToyGeek

Thanks so much for all the help - I'm happy to report that my contact was successful in securing me the Alt. Ravage thanks to the "bird shop" information, and he'll be coming my way soon!

Now, of course, because I went through all these machinations to get a toy that I believe won't ever see US release, it practically guarantees that eventually I'll see it on store shelves. Just to annoy me...

Tim
    "toy geek"

12. noob

noob Well-Known Member

yeah it's really hard to say whether that last line of alt tfs will make it out to the us. i think chances are it will, especially now that tim's taking one for the team and importing it.

collecting in singapore is interesting due to the small size. there are lots of retailers and competition is pretty good for some items (chogokins, gashapons) but harder for others (marvel legends) that only have a couple of distributors.

and ligerprime is right about the more secretive nature.

are nemesis primes still available in force? you might want to pick up one of those guys too if you're already sending something over.

13. TimToyGeek

It's tempting to start adding to the order, but I already have Optimus, and I'm more of a "one mold per collection" kind of person. Add to that I don't really care for Optimus, and Nemesis isn't very attractive. Plus the fact that the person in Singapore is doing me a huge favor with the Ravage, so I don't want to push it.

Ravage, now, that's all new, and while I hear he has his flaws, it's still really nice looking, and G1 Ravage was my first transformer back in the 80s. I keep hearing you can deploy the launchers in car mode (sort of a MASK or James Bond half-transformation) yet I haven't seen any photos of it. Anyone have any photos of that?

I figure that even if Hasbro does release Ravage in the US, I'll have a hard time finding him (I still have never seen Alt Mirage at retail, or Classics Jetfire for that matter, though I don't shop a lot) so I would probably have to resort to buying online and paying the premium anyway.

At least this way my karmic situation will help the US release...worked for TF2000 a few years back.

Tim
    "toy geek"

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    No problem, I'm just glad that you got your Alt. Ravage and that I've helped a fellow fan! :) 

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I had to post this because the store that TimToyGeel got his alt. Ravage from? Will be receiving alt. Rumble tomorrow afternoon! :D 

16. noob

noob Well-Known Member

heh. well if that friend gets tired of you, i'm sure liger wouldn't mind helping out :) 

liger, do you know if nemesis is still available in stores? i saw some on yahoo, but i was just curious.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    aw man i just caught up, some more saving for mp05, damn paiseh -.-'

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Sorry for the late reply but I won't know but I recall seeing a Nemesis at one major retailer last Friday.

KA, I know same with me...I'm saving for MP Megs too! :D