Alt Prime Wave: another "skip" for some retailers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dasaffe, May 20, 2006.

1. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I know this kind of statement gets made within weeks of any new toy cropping up in California... I can't find it.

But hear me out. When Ric/Rollbar came out, the wave popped up at Targets in my area (Oregon) just after it popped up in Washington, which was a few weeks after the first California sightings. That's pretty normal.

The first bubble wave (Skids) popped once shortly after California, then disappeared after Christmas, popped once more at Targets and Wal-Marts, then trickling into Toys R Us and Fred Meyer.

The Optimus wave hasn't popped at any Oregon retail that I can tell (I've been scouring everything in the Portland/Metro area, the most populous part of the state). He hasn't shown up in Vancouver, Washington, either.

Prime has popped at some spots around Seattle, but then it seems that restocks have been the Ric/Rollbar wave.

I'm not saying that Prime's going to be as rare as Meister or Tracks were. We're getting a pretty plentiful supply in June. But it looks like a lot of areas won't be getting him before then.

Two questions:

1. Are other people experiencing this phenomenon? Prime being spotted somewhere, only for the previous wave to refill the shelves? Have you given up finding him without Mirage right beside him?

2. If this is widespread, did the double repaint wave (Ric/Rollbar) pile up in retailers warehouses? Is it clogging the works?

2. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

Definatly a skip in my local areas. I have not seen an Alternator at retail since Meister.

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I wouldn't so much say its been a skip around here. Most of my local stores are still setting on the first bubble wave with a few recently getting the ricochet/Rollbar wave. But a few people have found Prime about.

Most stores also don't have an ordering system based on waves - Target uses the same dpci for every alt so they'll just order cases regardless of the wave number (which is usually listed on the shipping box). So they might be out and a new order is placed (not at the store level mind you) where the newer waves aren't ready and they'll end up with an older wave to set on.

The Walmarts in my area like to violently over order as most of them are still setting on close to two cases of the wave 1 bubbles and then the Targets like to under order so by time the new ones arrive they're usually gone. Then theres Meijer which occasionally gets in new stuff but with alts they set on Smokescreen and Sideswipe until they clearenced them out, they have gotten in the Rollbar/Richochet wave though.

Also, he's set to be in multiple waves so its just a matter of time since I see this as being one of the bigger alt releases.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I haven't see him anywhere in the Bay Area... Although my local Target probably got him since they had no ALTs one week and then last week they got a case on the shelf with Skids, Rollbar, Ricochet, and the fourth one missing which was most likely OP...

But other than that??? Nothing...

Which is why I gave up searching early on and just bought him on eBay... Saved me a whole lotta heartache and gas money...

5. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

I don't want to say Prime will be a skip in NYC, but regarding to 1st wave that contained Ricochet and Rollbar, it was definitely skipped at TRUs here. Mostly Targets had them.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that wave has hit here. Last time I went to Target they had two new Alts out on the shelf (Ricochet and Skids) and two new ones sold. I assume Prime had come and gone before I could find him.

Fortunately, unlike Tracks from '04, Prime is in multiple waves, so it won't be impossible to find him.

7. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've noticed that pattern too...I saw a couple of KBs had the Rollbar and Ricochet wave, whereas the TRUs zippo.

I guess there a wave behind? Either way, I'm sure Alt. Prime & company will come....just a bit late in NYC methinks...

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I haven't found it yet either...though the Rico/ Rollbar wave barely saturated other stores besides Target just a few weeks ago. I'm sure it won't be skipped in our area, but it'll probably be another week or so until it hits

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime's been very scarce in my area since I found mine by a fluke. His wave seems to be in very short order, kind of how the first Decepticharge case was on short order around here at least (The case before Prowl joined him).

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've noticed that these revision assortments with only one new toy don't get a lot of exposure. When Mirage ships, we'll probably see them all over.

11. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One Wal-mart rep that I spoke with told me that with certain items such as the Alternators, there exists an automated ordering system such that the current stock has to drop minimum quantity before more are ordered. In other words, if your local store still has a lot of the wave 1 relaunch or the rollbar/ricochet wave figures then you won't probably get a newer wave until those are cleared out sufficiently, hence why some stores seem to "skip" waves. When the order is finally placed the stores just get in whatever wave is current.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    my town is clogged with tracks, skids, prowl and sunstreaker everywhere :banghead: 

13. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I don't think it's being skipped in my area. Heck, I've only started seeing Ricochet and Rollbar on the shelves in the last week-and-a-half!

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Yeah, Louisville metro area will skip this wave, it happened last summer too - I've given up on even looking for the damn thing.