ALT Prime and Mirage look horrible

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Superion33, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Ok, please spare me the rants against my opinion. All it is is just my opinion.

I think the transformations with Mirage and Optimus in the Alternators line are horrible. Whats up with Prime having two huge shoulder "spikes"? I think it makes Prime look awkward and gangly.

And the knees on Mirage are crap. Wheels as the knee caps? Please they could have at least allowed for the wheels to be rotated to the side as they've done for the other alts. I hope both are not properly transformed and that the shoulder and knee caps are fixable.

I was kinda disappointed that Wheeljack lost his blades on his back and that Tracks lost his wings, but these are worse. Actually, the worst is the idea of making Prime a freakin pick up! Then Takara backs out and we are left with him. Please PLEASE PLEASE change his head to look like one of the SUV/truck based Autobots.

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Mirage = love

Prime ain't too bad, though I'm not fond of his shoulders, either.

I still think the Mustangs are the Pinnacle of the Alt line.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Going by the pics I've seen, compared to the ones from the TFCC Magazine, I'm -very- sure Mirage is mistransformed, over at Toy Fair. The wheels are supposed to be on the front, but a lot of the junk above 'em folds away.

4. x0x_chrome_x0x

x0x_chrome_x0x Chronical collector

Mirage's paint scheme looks totally out of place, he looks more like a decepticon than an autobot.

5. <Crisis>

<Crisis> crisis contained

News Credits:
    I don't know, I'm liking both of them. Especially Mirage! :rock 

I admit that I would rather have Alt Prime be someone else, but I'll still be picking him up. I really hope they don't do a straight repaint, with no remolds, and call it Ultra Magnus. :thumbdown 

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Mirage, is IMO one of the best-looking Alts thus far. The color scheme is great (I agree about it being a little dark, but remember in G1 Mirage was one that couldn't be trusted) and the transformation is something different then 'twist waist and fold down bumper=legs, front half of car= chest, that most of the alts have had.

Prime I'm not a huge fan of, I agree the shoulders are definitely bad...it's grown on me, but it looks off. Too bad Takara had to have their Prime [Ginrai], then decide to cancel it :rolleyes: 

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Mirage is awesome, dare I say one of the best alts yet!

Yeah, Prime is sort of meh though.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I like them both as cars very much, but I don't like them transformed.

9. Revolution

Revolution Well-Known Member

Mirage has the best Altmode...but one of the worst Bot modes

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Mirage isnt transformed right. the prototype shown at botcon was, even if though some parts broke off it.

11. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Still not happy about the Prime situation. I want the mold, but not to be Prime.

Mirage.... Okay, I guess I can let my opinion flow now. I love the car. I do enjoy the transformation. However I do agree that the legs and wheels "feel" astetically like they should be folded out. I was also hoping for a Head sculpt more tied to DW's/Marvel's G1 comic, cartoon, and toy than this.

Finally His blue is a bit too dark. It should be light blue like the hands and arms. I understand that Hasbro bent to Ford's factory/model paint job "will" but it would have looked nicer in a light blue. Hats off to hasbro for keeping his original colors on his body in robot mode though!

And by the way worst alt bot modes go to Ravage and Prime. They were the worst executions of a bot and it's character so far.

12. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I just don't get how anyone could not like Mirage. He's probibly the best ALT yet.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I can understand by the pics we have seen why people would not be impressed with Prime, but I think he’s going to end up being better then many think. I think a lot of the pics can be a bit misleading as Hasbro’s mis-transformations and poses don’t make him look the best (same with Mirage). I think were really not going to know if its good or not until he’s actually released.

I can see many turning on Alt Prime when he finally comes out. I was the same way with Prowl when it was first introduced at last years Toy Fare but now I love the toy and I think Prime will end up being the same.

Same with Mirage, again Hasbro doesn’t exactly put him in the most flattering poses so I think we have to be a bit more open minded on these until there actually released, or at least get a decent photoshoot of them.

14. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Mirage = Thumbs up, but the color is a little dark. Kinda hides the details a bit. I wonder how he would look with the 'Gulf' colors (a light blue and orange combo that Gulf racing used in the 60's on the GT40), But definately a must get.

Prime = Frankly, sucks. The Ram is a great starting point, but some how they took ALL the charcter out of the 'bot mode. The hood/chest is bland. The door sholders are huge. The legs look to blocky. This is the world's most elaborate shell former. He doesn't scream Prime like 20th, and I don't understand the whole Ginrai aspect. They should have made him Ironhide or Trailbreaker. I won't loose sleep if I pass on him.

15. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Although I have misgivings with Prime's knee problems, I can live with it.:D  And even with the Hasbro people screwing up the transformations at the Toy fair, I"m still planning on getting both.

Hmm, with such negative feedback going to Prime's way...I wonder if he'll become a shelfwarmer? IMHO, I doubt it (besides the one per case ratio explanation or course).

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime I think is OK right now, I'm sure I'll love him in person. Mirage = BEST.ALT.EVER.

17. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I like the way Prime looks, and Mirage is just plain Awesome.

18. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    any one have a pic??

19. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I like the original pic of Mirage that we saw, the non-painted pic. I believe his alt mode was done right there. As for his colors, I love them. He is a must get and my wallet is kicking me in the arse.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Mirage is awesome, the new pics show him obviously mis-transformed, same for Prime to a lesser degree.

Why can't Hasbro transform their own toys correctly? It REALLY pisses me off. They need to hire one of us to do it for them, since the 40-year-old set-up dude obviously can't do it right. EVER.

He needs to be fired.