ALT OptimusPrime in box

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I agree. Look closely at the sides of his head. Those little probe-like things sticking out are the give-away. He's Ginrai, not Prime. Takara did very nicely on their part. I know Ginrai IS Prime over here, but for me I always liked the idea of TF that looked like a Convoy but actually wasn't. So I like to consider Alt. Prime to be the American release of Ginrai, and MP Prime to be the Alt. version of Prime. I know I'm wrong, but still.

I still don't care for the robot mode, but the vehicle mode is nice. Doubt I'll pick him up though.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The truck mode, as always, looks great. I like the boxart. Not a big fan of the robot mode except the headsculpt, but I will get it. Happy to see they fit it in a normal Alt. box so we get more bang for the buck:) 

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    You can never make everyone happy... if they did this Alt as Ironhide people would complain it should have been Trailbreaker and vice versa. Grimlock is one of the best Alts they did but if you cant think outside the box and see a character in another form, it's always going to look bad to you.

I'm just sick of everyone complaining about his knees... my favorite Alts include Dead End, Prowl, Decepticharge, and Tracks. Them and all their subsequent remolds, essentially knee-less. But when the new packaging came out, despite two remolds, who did people want? Tracks. Knowing who would be used for the mold, who did people wonder about a US release for a year? Sunstreaker. One mold fault sometimes doesn't account for how good the toy's going to be, we dont even know if he'll have knees or not but the rest of the toy looks great, at the least we know he's going to have plenty of size for his price and series to back up being a leader.

My only question is... have we seen his weapon yet? Think it even looks like the traditional rifle?

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    THANK YOU!!!

My sentiments exactly.

As for the name I also wish they used Ironhide or Trailbreaker or whatever too but I don’t know what people are complaining about as the chances of seeing a repaint of this toy are pretty darn high.

Will pass final judgment on the toy itself when I actually have it in my hands but by what I've seen so far it looks pretty good, here's to Takara releasing the black BT version of him as well *crosses fingers* :thumb 

5. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT

that's all I have to say :confused2 

Actually, why didn't they change Shockblast's name to SHOCKWAVE??? I thought they got the rights to the name. Damn Hasbro...I wanted a bubble Shockwave for US release WITH the Shockwave name

Alt. Prime! Yay :rock 

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes... We've seen his gun... And what a lovely gun it is... Not big... But impressive...

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Probably because the Shockblast in question is the European release, not a US re-release.

8. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll be picking up Alt.Prime. Even with the lack of space that I have to display my alts. And like most people he will be called Ginrai in my collection.
    I think he looks cool all the same.

-Shifty

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hmm. It would be cool if the engine or some other part turned into the human ginrai. Or if takara makes BTA male drivers, it would be easy to repaint one into human ginrai! And place it in the truck mode!!

Nonetheless I think I will make him ginrai in my universe, ginrai rules.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Just because someone claimed otherwise...

[​IMG]

11. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Man if that Alt Prime head was a darker shade of blue he would be dead on for God Ginrei. The resemblance is uncanny.

12. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Wicked box art, too bad the toy is pretty mediocre.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Alt prime most likely does have knees. look at pictures of the back of his legs, part of the bed of the truck folds down to become boosters. its likely the knees use the space freed up by the boosters folding down to bend backwards. you just have to stop screaming "it's garbage!" long enough to look at the design and it's features. its a big, powerful looking robot mode. exactly what prime needs. as for the body not looking "prime-ish", GOOD. I'm getting tired of windows on the chest, grill on stomach design. One of my favorite primes is the armada version just because it changes the traditional design so much.

I dont think prime will have any articulation problems. takara and hasbro deserve more credit than that.

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Let's get the toy in our hands first...we may really love it once we get it.

I was just joking......

15. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Cool, not alot people on here necessarily know alot about different cars and trucks. So I thought I'd clear it up a bit.

16. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Well, I admit, I don't, but even still, I was making a joke..... :thumbs2: 

17. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'm liking him, Prime, that is. I can say I will be changing one of my Primes into Ironhide.

18. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

He does look like Powermaster Prime. Any chance of him getting an engine that transforms into Hi-Q? :lol 

He looks cool to me. I'm getting one.

19. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

That box art is very, very nice. I hope the final toy, transformed and posed properly can look as cool. Can't wait for it, just need a new mold already!

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey S250 any chance we can get pics of the back of the box/underneath or Prime posed out of box?