Alt Optimus - Having Trouble Transforming him back to truck

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Andre, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Andre

Andre Autobot Guardian

News Credits:
    Okay, Alt. Optimus seems to be a rather easy alt. to transform for me. However, when I transform him back into his truck mode, his hood seems to have an "overbite" with respect to the rest of his front end. In other words, the hood is farther out than it should be and the pegs for the hood do not line up with the holes they're supposed to fit in.

Does anyone have some insights on what I might be doing wrong?

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Kinda hard to answer since nobody has one yet...

Where did you get yours???

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Um... just out of curiosity, did your Alt Prime come with a gun?

(sorry I can't help, I don't have my Prime yet"

4. Andre

Andre Autobot Guardian

News Credits:
    Kinda hard to answer since nobody has one yet...

Where did you get yours???

I got mine at www.bigbadtoystore.com. I had it preordered for quite some time. Others probably got theirs from that site as well.

Um... just out of curiosity, did your Alt Prime come with a gun?

Yes it did. The gun is the Viper engine that is under the hood when you first open the package. The package itself depcits the transformed weapon incorrectly when you look at the bottom of the package ("Secret Weapon"). The transformation from engine to gun is that you first unfold the "Viper" engine covers so that they both point forward. Then, fold the whole engine in half. The "Viper" engine covers become the barrel of the gun while the the main engine part becomes the main body of the weapon. The handle for the gun becomes quite obvious.

A couple side notes: I haven't seen him in any store yet except for online stores. Also, as I mentioned before, he is quite easy to transform compared to other alternators (except for the hood "overbite" problem I'm having).

5. Andre

Andre Autobot Guardian

News Credits:
    I found out what I was doing wrong: When you fold the arms back into the positions that they were in for the truck mode, you need to be sure that the sholders firmly snap into the harnesses that they were in. This makes sure that the fenders are in position so that they accept the hood properly.