Customs: Alt. Motormaster from movie Prime

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by kryptofred, Jan 31, 2009.

1. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I picked up a Leader Nightwatch Movie Prime awhile back with the idea of repainting him as Rodimus Prime, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of Motor Master.
    I like the silver flame over black deco. Thought I'd continue the black throughout the truck mode. Then add some purple highlights to the bot mode. Instead of a second teir of windows, like the original, I was thinking a windscreen that folds up to get the classic shape.
    I'll need a completley new head though. I don't sculpt, at least not heads, so any ideas on what to use would be great! Also, should I try to make a windscreen, or do you guys think I can find one the right size ready to go?
    I have no plans to make this a combiner, so that's not a factor, but any other ideas or suggestions would be great!

2. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I'm actually planning to do the same thing. I'll be picking up my prime later today. I was inspired by Frenzyrumble's Motormaster from a while back. He posted a thread with more pics, but there's also 1 in his comissions thread too. I'm pretty sure he used an Energon Megatron head, which is what I'm planning to do as well. (I just happend to find one the other day for cheap) Hope this helps.

3. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I did a search here and on other sites before starting this thread, and I couldn't find a custom like I want to do out there. I was kinda surprised, actually. I also checked frenzyrumbles stuff just now and didn't see one there either. If you (or anyone) know where to look let me know please.

4. the (H)i(GH)con

If you go to the commissioners and feedback section and look in FR's thread, TFTM Motormaster should be the second pic. And I'd think it would be on his website too, but I'm not sure. I didn't end up getting my prime, so mine's called off for now.

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I found the picture after I posted yesterday. Looks good, but I only found 1 pic, not great as a reference. What happened to your project? To tell the truth I was kinda looking forward to comparing notes.

6. the (H)i(GH)con

Well, I was going to trade my friend my Armada Megatron for his Prime. I know I would've been ripping myself off, but he's my friend, and he has the Tidal Wave to go with it.... But he changed his mind at the last minute and actually thought I was trying to rip HIM off!