Alt. Mode Size Vs. Protoform size.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by shade 0066, May 15, 2007.

1. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

This question has been bugging me for a while now. When a Transformer scans an object for its Alt. Mode does it have to be the same size as its Protoform or First form?

I first thougth of Soundwave and Megatron and how the change size between their Alt modes, but then I started to think about the smaller bots and now I'm all confuzed.

And there's ugrades, like BB in the movie.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    While it depends on the fiction you're reading/watching, alt mode size doesn't matter when the transformer scans it. The first example I think of are the spiders and bugs in Beast Wars.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, I doubt Inferno had that problem.:rolleyes2 

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Well in beast wars, their beast modes were roughly the same size of their bot modes, i.e. Rampage was a BIG freaking crab and Inferno was a giant ant. So in that sense, I don't think it mattered because they could just make their alt modes out of scale.

However in the movie-verse, as I believe it was explained in the novel, their alt modes had to match the same mass/vehicle type of their original forms. For example, BB could never become a 30' fighter jet and Blackout couldn't choose a scooter for an alt mode. I believe in the 4th prequel comic, we get to see SS taking on his earth bot form. When he changes his Entry Mode form to the Raptor one, his basic robot mode stays more or less the same size and scale, but his external detail and paneling shift to reflect his new alt mode.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    So in theory Omega Supreme could land on a prehistoric Earth and scan a cockroach, and transform into a ginormous space flying cockroach.

6. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

That's just gross dude:yuck