Alt Mode or not Alt Mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,I have a major question,on whether to display my TF's in Alt. Mode or
    not Alt. Mode?. I generally display them in Bot Mode,but sometimes I change them
    and display them the other way. So which is best in your opinion. Also while on
    the subject,which way do yall display yours?. LMK yall. Thanks.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Definately Bot Mode...

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Most of mine are in 'bot mode. But I do have some in their Alt. modes and I'll usually mix them up a bit, TF a few into alt. modes and others back into 'bot mode.

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Pretty much the only time I have mine in alt mode is if I have more than one of the particular TF. Otherwise, it looks better in bot mode.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    mine are in bot mode by default, with a few exceptions

1. Universe Frostbite - fairly crappy robot mode, but one of the coolest beast modes in my collection. I cant afford not to display him this way!

2. Cybertron Scourge - I dont have enough room to display him in bot mode. This doesnt make much sense since he takes up less space in bot mode, but you see, I have a shelf which is almost empty, so there's plenty of room for his dragon mode, but it isnt very tall, so I cant manage his bot mode. Plus, like Frostbite, I nearly prefer his dragon mode

Sometimes I'll display my Alternators in car mode. Maybe not all of them, just one of each model.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bot mode most cases, with exceptions depending on space, or if the altmode is cooler looking than the bot.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    It depends on my mood. One week I'd have them in bot mode. Another week I might have them in alt mode.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most Beasts Alt mode, all else mostly Bot mode.

9. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Space being a partial factor in this, I display one of each model of Alternator in alt mode. Other than that, bot mode is the only way to go for general display purposes unless the alt mode is that much better than bot mode.

10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    If I can choose I only display them in bot mode cause that's what it's all about.

GIANT FRIGGIN ROBOTS

11. Driftbot

Driftbot Well-Known Member

:rock 

i DO have my G1 TRU re-issue prime in truck mode though. its the best looking one (IMO), and because his bot mode looks awful compared to the mega SFC prime i have right next to it. and the robot masters prime next to it. and the... well, you get the idea.

my god... i need more shelves!

12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Depends on the TF in question. For example, Cyb. Sopreme Starscream gets to be displayed in robot mode because otherwise he'd take up an entire desk. However, an example of lt mode dislayeage (is that even a word?) is armada SideSwipe, because a)his robot mode isnt all that and b)his car mode is. Minicons I display in alt mode almost all the time because otherwise it gets a bit fidfdly and if one falls over then ill inevitbaly knock over another one while trying to fix it, starting a chain reaction.

In the end it alls depends on the bot in question I suppose

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah robot mode for me - unless I have doubles in which was I put the bot and robot mode in display next to each other. I do agree that minicons can be a pain to display in bot mode and tend to have a chain reaction when one falls.

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm one to go against the grain- most of mine are in alt mode. The excepitions are combiners (disaplyed in combined mode), most 'big guys' Brave Max, E. Starscream, etc.), and my little army of LOCs, which proudly guard my Alts. Oh, and my Classics Deluxe are all in bot mode, but I'm not sure why. Probably indecision with regards to Astrotrain.

-Tony!
    Likes his dragon shelf.

15. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I display some in alt mode and some in robot mode. Never all robot or all alt mode. I like a mixture.

16. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Same here, though I will rotate every month or so just to mix it up and not get bored.

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I display them in robot modes...with the exception of the Dinobots! :D 

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I keep most of my bots in bot mode, but I do keep a few of my less stable Minicons/Microns in vehicle mode for display.

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I had my G1 collection set up, this was EXACTLY what I did. Everything in bot mode but the dinos.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Mostly bot mode, with doubles of some Alternators in car mode. I too like to mix it up, though. Glancing over at my G1 shelf everyone is in bot mode except for, for some unknown reason, Outback and Seaspray. Go figure.

And yeah, Armada Sideswipe (or in my case Universe Treadshot, who is the only version I have of that mold) pretty much never leaves his alt mode. With one of the coolest car modes and worst bot modes, can you blame him?

But really it switches around a lot. I keep most of my collection on my desk, and I have a tendency to fiddle.