Alt Mirage loose leg

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SharkyMcShark, May 9, 2007.

1. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Right, so I just picked up my Alt Mirage for the first time this year (I think. Its been on my shelf for god knows how long...) and noticed the same problem as last year is still bugging me.

Straight out of the box, ever since day 1, the joint where his leg meets his hip (the joint allowing forward and backward motion in his leg) is extremely loose, flopping all over the place. The joint in question is on his right side from the position of looking at him (see diagram below).

[​IMG]

Is there any way for me to fix or tighten this joint without a)breaking or damaging the toy or b)having to buy a new one? Usually I wouldnt ask but I have been supremely impressed with this mold so far and wish to have more 'hands on time' with it, as opposed to just putting it in some form of action pose and relegating it to my display shelf.

I've taken the crotch piece apart already and tried to use some of my mothers clear nail polish top tighten the joint, but even after adequate drying time the joint has re floppified within minutes.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    and thanks to bwtf for the pic

2. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    hmm dunno. mine doesnt do that. trying to buy another one will be difficult. I say just live with it. is it so bad that he cant stand?

3. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Unless he's standing straight to attention (kind of like photo above) his left leg just flops and he pitches over. It is kinda annoying and I would love to fix it