Minor/Repaint: Alt Jeep Wrangler Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by autobotx23, May 9, 2007.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

This is very early on, but so far so good. I need to shave down the top of his head a little to look more Megatron. I was thinking Galvatron would be easier, but something about a purple Jeep turns me off. I'm thinking some larger tires for the Alt mode.

[​IMG]

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very interesting....when you mentioned Galvy, I noticed the arm cannon....it does look like Galvy's cannon more so than Megs'.....a purple Jeep would look cool IMO, a lot of "competition" rock crawlers have custom colors.

Did you cast that head yourself?

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's E-Megatrons head.

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

That looks like a recast resin type head thing..someones really milking out recast parts of late, on ebay etc..Decent stuff, from what I've seen though.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Yep, it's TRU Energon Megs head and his shoulder cannon, with Cyb. Quickmix back Mini-con mount.

I was thinking of just painting the cannon black and shaving a little off the sides to make it more Meg's like. Krylon Fusion has a Metallic Nickel Shimmer that I like for a realistic alt. That way, with the way I plan on mounting it during alt mode, it looks like a realistic Military Jeep.

I don't know about the purple....and G1 Galvatron was never as sadistic to me as G1 Megs. Thanks Plowking, you financed this bash! LOL.

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    By the looks of the head, I would have sworn it was casted...
    I love Krylon Nickel Shimmer...it dries super fast, and looks great once its on.
    I painted both of my Alt Megs' (1 Acura, 1 Ram) with it :thumb 

So ummmm....when do I get custody?....:lol ....glad I could help, and thank you for the good deal :thumb 

Keep us posted!

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks good so far. Can't wait to see it finished

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cool.

9. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look forwars to the end result!

10. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Why don't you paint the Jeep grey with purple graphica/accents.

11. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Wouldn't a Galvatron head, but with Megatron colors seem more like a rebuild instead of changing the color AND shape. How did Starscream know it was Megatron, who interupted his coronation? It didn't look or sound like Megatron.

In other words, If you want to do it in a different color than Purple, then do so, but might I suggest doing it in Megatron colors. But then again, whats wrong with a purple jeep? It's been done in real life.

If you have a Galvatron recolor (the purple one) then you would have an amber gun color instead of green to match the Galvatron head. If you used a Megatron head I could see you painting the Gun black.

How is C Quickmix going to get along without his part?

12. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    You have no idea how helpful this thread is to me. I was wondering about the size of E Megatrons head for another project.

Glad to see that the shoulder cannon seems to fit very well also.

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

The Energon Meg and Galvatron had the same head. I figure if I get rid of the horns and shave off a little on top, it should look like a G1 Megatron. And I figure Starscream knew it was Megatron because he insulted him at first sight. LOL. It does look like a Megatron head to me though, just needs some work. Same as the gun, it just needs some care.

I have 2 Quickmixes, and the extra will be turned into Mixmaster for a Cyb. Devastator bash that's still being worked on. He'll be okay!

14. manyoufactsure

I was talking about the Amber color, guns, from Purple Galvatron but if your going to paint them black then you might as well stay with the green ones you have.

I also meant, to leave the head "as is" but paint all of it the colors of G1 Megatron.
    It's your project so you can do it any way you want.

15. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Do you think the green would work?

Thanks for the advice, I need every bit I can get!

Quick question for those who make their own Decals/Labels: Do you use Illustrator,InDesign or Quark? What are the measurements?

16. manyoufactsure

I guess that question is for me? If you are doing it up like Megatron and want a black gun, then I would go with the black paint that you have planned.

I was suggesting to use the head of Galvatron, as Galvatron, but paint him in Megatron colors (head and body) and use the Amber gun to look like, G1 Galvatrons gun.

Your doing fine, on your own, but I think you are getting my suggestions confused.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

17. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I decided to go with a different look for the gun. I wanted it to be mountable on the top of the jeep, like an Army rifle. So, I scrapped the other cannon (except for the Quickmix part) and played around with some parts of a gun from a GI Joe Sigma Six figure. I think it looks more realistic. It will look cool attached to the top of the Jeep in alt mode and Meg's arm in robot mode. It's a little long, but it will do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The paints drying on the rest...so far, so good. Forgive the Red Krylon nails!!

18. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Such Heroic Nonesense!!!

All done with the paint. Decoy13 helped me out with the labels (thanks again, bro). Just need to design those and then he'll be done. Until then, here is my Alternator Megatron. Alt pics later...I'm crashing for the night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

Now That is pretty awesome. I wish Hasbro would have released something like that, instead of three the orange repaint.

20. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks like it has potential, but the head might benefit from some black highlights & im not real sure on the pink

regards

JL