Minor/Repaint: Alt Ironhide, plus 2 years worth of Custom Alts

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jarrod, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

So about 2 years ago or so, I was contacted by another local fan who wanted to commision me to do a few custom Alts. This few turned into around 20 to this day, with about 15 more waiting for their chance to join the collection.
    A year or so ago, Blue Meanie posted a few pics of this collection, and in the past I've posted a few pics of a small number of them as well. However, a lot of these customs have never been photographed, and the others have never been posted in such detail, with individual galleries. Over the next few weeks, I expect to fully photograph each one, and post it up here.

Ironhide here was the first of the commisions and, to this day, still remains one of my favorites. The head is a modded Skids head, and the rifle came from a Master Grade Gundam. The doors originally remained on the shoulders just as Skids' does, but after I did a similar mod to Alt Soundwave(to be seen later) I went back at changed them on Ironhide as well. You can see that the doors swing back on an arm, and in vehicle mode, still open as normal.

Paint is pretty straightforward: Krylon Fusion red, Krylon silver, and a custom dark metallic grey. The gold stripes are vinyl hobby striping.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

thats freaking cool

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Awesome secondary weapon!!!

4. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    *chuckles at the lengthened face* Ani-hide? XP

Aaaanywho, really love what you did with the front doors. With them out of the way, it really sets this guy apart from Skidz, while at the same time giving him a more G1 silhouette.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow. Such a really simple mod to make the doors act that way. And yet not only does it work extremely well, I'm shocked that I haven't seen more people do that too. I'm glad to see you've finally gotten around to taking pictures of the stuff we've not seen :) 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You've really done some sweet work man! I love all of the modifications you've done to the Scion mold :thumb 

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I have to agree with everyone else here, top dog job on this one. I like the face but the body work is the best I've seen so far in terms of the colors and placement you chose

8. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One of the best Ironhide Alts I've ever seen.

Great mod to the doors for a more accurate Ironhide look and the paint job is fantastic.

Nice stripes and extra weapon, too.

I would like to see a little silver on the lowest part of the front and back bumper to emulate G1 Ironhide and break up some of the red just a tad, but it's just a minor thing on such a well crafted custom.

Awesome work.

9. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    What timshinn said, this is an excellent Skids/Ironhide custom. That door mod really sets it apart. Look forward to seeing the Soundwave you mentioned...

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Jarrod!...This is too cool!!

I have always liked this door mod since I saw your custom Soundwave that you used this on....best mod IMO for this mold....really gives it a different look in bot mode.

Love the head mod too :thumb 

Look forward to seeing the rest!

11. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Excellent paint job!