Minor/Repaint: Alt Hurricane WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by icanfly, Nov 13, 2007.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey,

Been thinking about doing the Turbomasters in Alternator form for a while. I've got all the parts needed, except for decals. The first, Hurricane, is almost done. I just noticed I haven't painted the side mirrors yet & have a touch of cleaning up to do on the back window, but can anyone else suggest anything to polish him up? He will soon sport some recoloured reprolabels (tribal meister hood decal in bright green with pink highlights)

[​IMG]

wiki file to compare: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Hurricane

Suggestions? Comments?

JL

2. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I think he looks pretty good...once you put decals on him I would think that's about it...if anything maybe add some more blue coloring on him...but again I wouldn't touch him till the decals are on...you don't want to over work him...

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    So far he's looking slick! I'd humbly suggest painting the head, arms, and legs some shade of blue. Right now, he's looking like a Prowl sans deco + Overdrive/Windcharger head. I think by altering the said parts (if you hadn't planned to already) would tie it all together. I can't wait to see what you come up with :thumb 

4. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Looking good , Nice to see some G2 Alts. Maybe you could tint his windows , i think there are some clear paints out there to do the job maybe red if pink's not available.

As the alts are all kind of turbomasters anyway are you going to do something with his gun or just leave as is ?

Where is everyone getting there base mechs from nowadays , prices are starting to get crazy on ebay or was there jjust better availability in the states either that or Walmarts selling them on clearance?

5. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Bright green and pink? I dont see how those can work well with each other. I'm feeling nauseous already just thinking about it.

~Z

6. icanfly

Ebay:
    I was thinking of making the upper arms black to match the legs, changing the red line on the forearms to match the blue, and the red stripe on his head to yellow. The Pink will be minor but its to match the scheme of the original.
    How does the clear paint go as far as smoothness? I really dont wanna mess it up

Regards

JL

7. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

It's pretty much the same as normal paint , you have to be careful how you apply it . For windows i always try and paint the inside of the glass so you get the tint but keep the smoothness on the outside.

8. icanfly

Ebay:
    Hmm, will have to consider the windows. Haven't TF'd him yet, so that decision will have to wait. Probably after the decals & maybe to see if it suits the others aswell so they are a matching group

Regards

JL