Customs: Alt. Elita-1 Idea and thoughts

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by colley, Apr 5, 2007.

1. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

So, the other night I had a goofy idea, "Self, I don't think I've seen anyone do an Elita-1 Alternator yet. Why not try doing that?"

So, after visiting my friend Clay's house, and looking over the entire Alt/BT line (Minus Rumble and Jaguar-Ravage), I came to the conclusion that either Over-Drive/Decepticharge or Mirage would probably make the best base. Mirage's chest is beefed out enough to work for a fembot, and he's kinda lanky. Over-Drive was at one time going to have a fembot redeco in Japan IIRC, so hey, points for that mold there.
    Then I saw what these usually go for online, and my dreams died quicker than a pacifist in a zombie film.

The idea is still there though, so never know. If they get a new release after the movie (*HOPE*) or something. So I figured I might get some thoughts down and some opinions on two concerns I had for it.

1. The head. Elita-1 has the worst helmet ever for the limited space on Alt/BTs. Though looking at Alt. Grimlock, I wonder if it would be possible to gut his face, and use that as a helmet for a new face. Not sure how well that would fit in on Over-Drive's or Mirage's body though.

2. Colors. Primarily white with pink trim (Since cars don't usually come in pink), or to hell with realism and go Pink with white trim?

So.. thoughts? Comments? Face punches?

2. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    TFMaster (R.I.P. Bill) made an Alternator Arcee based on the Mirage mold

3. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

...I don't think I've seen his before. Got a link perhaps?

4. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    go to the kitbash forum. use the search in this form drop down. type arcee. ta-da!!!!!!!!

5. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

...Here I was doing the search over at his website. For some reason, it didn't occur to me to try the search on these boards.
    I FAIL.

As a side note, seeing this just confirms my belief that the mold would work great for a fembot mod.
    Why do all my ideas wind up needing the use of the molds that either get rare or really popular? Blargh.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    kinda think dcharge mold would work very well too. both modes are kinda feminine.

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Thank you... I caught a lot of flak the last time I called the S2000 a feminine car. Course I called it a dyke Miata which may be contradictory... but I stand by my observation.

FYI Colley, I don't know where in Kentucky you're located but I found a pile [literally] of Rumbles and Ravages at the Wal-Mart off of Nicholasville Rd in Lexington.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    And I am proud to say I have her on display

I commissioned him to do this one for me after seeing the first one he made at Botcon '06. I believe this is the second and final one he made, may he rest in peace :( 

The Mirage mold does lend well for the feminine chest. full gallery here

[​IMG]

9. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    With the right placement the mirage mold is the best bet.

Course it's easier with Arcee since white is still the primary color. Elita-1 will require so much pink if you hold true to the cartoon. Though you could use enough light grey to balance it out, I think.

In which case, you'd still need the GT mold since its lines offer better breaking points for the colors. The S2000 is too round to mix colors too much unless you want a real elaborate paint scheme.

10. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

I'm in Western KY, Benton to be exact. Right on the lake. :) 
    Which means we get jack squat TF wise most of the time. (Which is why I have neither Mirage or Decepticharge!)

Seeing as how I won't be able to get Mirage cheap enough to justify turning him into kitbash fodder, I'm going to try for Decepticharge. I like his mold better out of the S2000's, and his head will be a lot easier to work with and make look female I think.

That, and I'd feel a bit weird trying to do the Mirage base now that I know someone a lot better than me has done it. Don't wanna seem like I'm ripping off his idea. (Even though the GT robot legs are the coolest BT legs EVER.)

So here's hoping I can score one of the Decepticharge auctions!

11. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Ooo... tough break. I thought I had it bad with 28K internet.

Well, you're not gonna find any blank canvases among the alts. Though the female take is still new. Good luck. And let me know if you want to get ahold of Ravage or Rumble.

12. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

Small Update: Managed to snag a Decepticharge for relatively cheap over the weekend. Should be arriving here in the next week or so hopefully.

Right now, my plan is to go one of two ways for the head.

*Plan the First: Take a few strategically bent electric plug prongs and attatch them to Decepticarge's head, cover with putty, and then paint.

*Plan the Second: Should that look like crap, get an Alt. Grimlock head, make some modifications (Visor removal, eye work.), and go a new route with the kitbash, Elita-Prime. (Because Prime's have faceplates!). That is, if Grim's head will fit in car mode. Going to try and find out tonight when looking over Clay's Alts.

I found a color at work called English Rose. It's sort of an inbetween for pink and purple. I'm thinking something like that will work a LOT better than just straight up pink for this, since you know... pink cars are not really that common.

I think what was causing me the most problems in trying to plan this was that I was wanting to make it as much like G1 Elita-1 as I could. I realized the other night that it's an Alternator, it should be different than the G1 form, but should also still invoke some aspects of the character. So my best bet in the long run may be to just go my own route and see what happens.

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Ahh, the plot thickens. Looking forward to pics.

14. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

Some very rough mock-ups.

Got everything needed for the project now (Decepticharge, Alt. Grimlock, paint, WHOO!), so decided to try and do some mock-ups of what I had in mind for it.
    Excuse the crudity of these. They were done with a wacom and photoshop in a few minutes. Plus, they're just to get a rough idea for colors anyway.

Alt. Mode
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode
    [​IMG]

The Grimlock head will require some Dremmel action to fit D-Charge's neck ball, some work to remove the chin, and a bit of trimming on the sides to get a better match for her head dress. Also probably going to ditch the visor.

15. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    Dude I would definitely go back to decepticharges head and modify it. that one looks kinda silly for elita-1. but then again thats just my two cents.

16. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

I like the body but not the head, try something else apart from that cool

17. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Windchargers head, with all the hard corners rounded, and the visor removed looks very Arcee like. :thumb 

18. colley

colley Chou Henshin!

Except I'm not trying for Arcee.... :redface2: 

The reason for the Grimlock head is cause it'll be workable into Elita's stupidly goofy helmet a lot easier than any of the other heads I've seen.
    "So why the face plate then?" you ask?
    Well, because I'm going to call the end result "Elita-Prime" instead of Elita-1. And Prime's need faceplates!
    (...Unless their first name is Rodimus.... :confused2  )

Admittingly, the face plate itself could use some work to look a bit better here. Just didn't think about that when making the edits.

19. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    My bad.....thats what I get for not paying attention...:banghead: 

Now that I'm focused, I'd say yes to either Grimmy or Meister, both of them kinda have that design to them.

20. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    That's gonna be a lot of pink.