Alt. clearance ???s

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotFastEnuff, Aug 5, 2006.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Hi everyone. All the W-Ms around here have the Alts on clearance for $15. Are they doing like they did last year and getting rid of Alts for the X-mas reset? God, I hope not. I'll be ordering all my Alts online if so, cause W-Ms the only place I've got left to buy 'em from locally. Any know the whole story?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    One of the Wal-Marts in my area had their two remaining Alts (Skids and Ric) marked down with red tags. The spot they held on the shelf is now taken by a big version of the red car from the Cars movie, and there's no tag for it. The same thing happened with the Minicon two-packs, although those pegs haven't been given over to anything else yet.

The other Wal-Mart, meanwhile, is still selling Alts, and just got a new shipment in last week (Meister and Camshaft are still there, but some lucky bastard/bastards beat me to the Prime and Mirage).

If memory serves, individual Wal-Marts are able to make some decisions on what they choose to carry. If they don't think Alts are selling, they can stop carrying them. That doesn't mean that the whole franchise is dropping them, though.

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're on the planogram for the next reset at the stores around here. Most likely, they're just clearing out the Sunstreakers and Skids to make room for the new assortments.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I went to my walmart that NEEDS to do this and they are still $20. They have the same amount as they had in december! THey oreder way too many of the prowl, tracks, sunny and skids wave . I mean they still have 6 tracks, 4 skids, and 5 sunnys. They need to cleance. They never got Rollbar or ricochet and I doubt they will get Mirage anytime soon with all the old crap ont he shelves.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

According to Hasbro at SDCC, Nemesis Prime was the last Alternator to be released in 2006. It wouldn't be at all unusual if some stores decided to stop stocking a line that won't have any new product for at least 6 months. They can always pick it up again later.

6. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I know my local TRU had Alts. on clearance for $9.98 and expected to not get anymore stock in. The way they were talking it seemed that store just stopped selling Alts. all together.

7. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    What about Rumble?:( 

8. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

My brother works at TRU and they haven't gotten any stock of Alt's in since May. They have been completely wiped out for months now. It is really frustrating because since he got a job there I figured I'd have no problem with new waves, but I guess I was wrong.

He has checked time and time again as to why they aren't getting them and he has never gotten a clear answer.

9. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

My guess would be that Rumble will be a winter/spring 07 release.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Mine has the leftover red box Windcharger and Ravages at that price, but the fishbowl packaging Alts (well, Alt, really; it's just one Skids) is still at full price. They got their first shipment of 6" Tits in last week, so I'm hoping the new Alts come in soon, too.

11. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

The Walmart where I found alt Prime, Meister, and Camshaft last week still had two Skids on the shelf at that time. As of this week, those two Skids are now on clearance. I didn't pay enough attention as to whether or not a normal $20 sticker is still on the shelf (only noticed two $15 stickers).

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Mine are clearance at the WM in Jackson...

They will prolly be gone in a week...

13. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My super Walmart has them on the planogram, the one in Hampstead, Md gets them in every now and then, but the Walmarts in Gettysburg and Westminister, MD hasn't gotten any new Alts in since they clearanced them out last Christmas.

14. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    My Wal Mart (Savannah, TN) has Tracks and Skids on clearence for $14.99. Those are the only Alternators they have and I can tell that they've been there for quite some time.

15. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Well, an update of sorts. My W'M has reset, and still has their Alts, at regular price no less. I've checked 5 stores total, and 3 of them had 'em for $15. So, the mystery thickens. Missed a new case in Kingsport, though. Kinda dissapointing finding a Meiter on the shelf.

16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Haven't been to WM in awhile. Guess it's time to take a trip and see. :) 

17. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Really? Sweet, I just got into the Alternators. If only my wal-mart was easy to get to...