Minor/Repaint: Alt/classics Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Tekkaman Blade, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm working on making Animated Blizwing look more like G1 blitzwing so I can use it in my Alt line. I need to get another Blitzwing to go with my animated line as I will be butchering the multiple head feature. The head will have full movement and it will be able to transform. Here's what I'm planning. The face isn't attached yet and will be higher up when finished.

Attached Files:

2. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    so does it look stupid or not?

3. Prof. Icepick

Prof. Icepick New Member

Seems like you should probably remove the helmet. It kinda clashes that head you had worked in there.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

nah it does not look stupid bro :thumb 

5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    The helmet is needed for vechicle mode transformation.

6. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you can modify the helmet to fold back in robot mode, it'll probably look better

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Aha!

I've already started working on the same idea... TFA Blitzwing only needs a few tweaks to be a passable "classics" Blitzwing. I guess we're on the same page with this! :) 

I have two suggestions... I'd show a picture of what I've done so far, but my camera's not working at the moment.

1: Hollow out the helmet, and attach the new head inside the bottom of the conical helmet, or on top of the torso so the empty helmet covers it. That way you can fold the helmet back, and reveal the head. Think of the G1 Seekers, and the way the jet nosecone faced backwards. That way he won't look so much like a conehead. On mine I just temporarily stuck the head in position, but it allows you to see how it'll look.

2. Fold the wings around to the backs of the arms, and then upwards. You'll have to loosen them up a bit on their peg to move them all the way up (or later, cut away the conflicting plastic). Then use the hinge in the mid point of the wing to fold the tips downwards.

It builds up his shoulders more and makes the whole figure feel a bit taller. It also echoes the angle of G1 Blitzwing's shoulders (which were pretty top-heavy).

I think it looks a lot better that way personally...

And good luck! You'll probably finish yours before I finish mine. :) 

zmog

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd think this project would be better suited for a "Classics" Blitzwing than for an "Alternators" (this project =/= 1:24). With that out of the way, I think this project looks like it's on its way so far.

Keep us posted :thumb 

9. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    The face is already hollowed out/rounded on the inside, I also cut the backpart in half to make it thinner.I cut the side pieces off the face and the extra part off the top of the head so it 's as flat as I can get it. I did it with a boyscout knife and rubbed a couple layers of skin away on one of my fingers in the process. Make sure you can see the circle that attaches the top of the helmet through the top of the new faces head. This will make the mask fit snug and allow movement. The next part will be to buy a second blitzwing and cut 2 of the animated faces off. Then I'll glue the new face on. The reason this blitz is going with my alts/masterpieces is the robot mode is around the same scale. Also my decepticons are badly outnumbered in that line so I've been using certain voyager or lager molds to beef up the numbers.