Alt Camshaft

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Hello all!

I am just curious if people think that Camshaft will be difficult to acquire? Is he in more then one wave? Oh and is this wave the last wave for Prime? Does anyone know?

Thanks for you input!

Fred

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    after the bubble packaging came out, they changed their assortments up a bit. all the alternators this year are supposed to be in more than one wave, just not necessarily back to back. camshaft is in the next wave, along with mirage, prime, and meister. so that should also answer your prime question.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think we've heard anything about waves beyond Camshaft's. I'd hope they keep Prime out for a third wave, so my guess for the next wave is Rumble/Prime/Mirage/Camshaft.

I still think they should just double pack the new figure each wave. There's always one that doesn't sell (Tracks from the Mirage wave for example) and one that everyone wants.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megs- I like your Avatar. And, hopefully I'll get a Camshaft and a Mirage if they arrive soon in stores. BBTS claims they're coming in next week, so I'll keep my eyes out.

-Tony!

5. REDLINE

News Credits:
    this next wave IS Prime's third wave.

Prime, Mirage, Camshaft, Meister

currently:

Prime, Mirage, Meister, and Tracks

before:

Prime, Ricochet, Rollbar, and Skids

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Mirage is worth getting, and I have a case of Mirage, Meister, Optimus Prime and Camshaft on pre-order, as well as three other Camshaft figures. I'm working on a custom already based on Camshaft using Prowl parts.

7. Megatronwp38

well I have mirage prime and nemesis prime already...camshaft is the next one I don't have. I am still looking to get my 2nd of prime mirage and also eventually a 2nd camshaft. I still have only seen prime once in my area unfortunatly...I am still considering the KISS one as my 2nd for him, however only if he has diecast.

8. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

And except for Tracks, Richoet, Prowl and Skids, I haveent seen any new ones in my area at all...

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    To keep costs down I highly doubt the KISS figures will have die-cast metal. Binaltech figures, with their die-cast parts, are pretty much dead. It is unfortunate, but appears to be the case.

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hey, at least you have all of those. I have seen nothing here newer than the prowl wave.

11. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Except for a Brand New Target that had Mirage and Meister, no store in the Albany, NY area has restocked Alts since the 1st Ricochet/Rollbar wave. That means 7 Wal-Marts, 4 Targets, 3 TRUs, 3 K-Marts and 2 Boscovs haven't restocked.

Needless to say, I still haven't seen Alt Prime on a store shelf.

Yeah, my toy-searchs have been requiring a "bit" more gasoline (and a lot more aggrivation) recently. I think Hasbro forgot NY exists.

12. Megatronwp38

Well no it's no thanks to any store other then BBTS that I have those LOL. I Have yet to see mirage in a store, and I only saw Prime once when I snagged him and Nemesis I got off ebay. SO I'm not really doing that good on alts in stores lol.

I think my local target had the most recent wave because i saw Meister there the other day. so I must have just missed my Chance to get mirage and prime. I really like to have one version still MISB. So with BT dead, I have to get double alts.

I mean has it been confirmed that KISS Convoy will have no die-cast? That is the only reason I will get him, I Could buy 3 alts for ONE of him. LOL

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Three sources confirmed that he will have no die-cast, another source insists that he WILL have die-cast and IS considered part of the Binaltech line (despite being flagged under a different title, with a different backstory).

I guess we won't be able to tell for sure until someone buys the actual toy.

14. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

I have reached the same conclusion about Northern Michigan. :banghead: 

15. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

And this is why, we unfortunately must resort to buying stuff online. I won' t get Camshaft online. If I don't find him on store shelf, I'm sure I'll be able to pick him up MISB on eBay for $10 in the next six months.

I did pre-order Mirage at BBTS and I got him late last week. Now I don't have to worry about that figure. I haven't seen Optimus at retail either (but I hardly go to any big box stores...) And again, I pre-ordered Optimus.

If Hasbro were smart enough (oh boy, here come the fanboy telling it how it should be)... they would split off the Transformers division into a children's and collectors divisions. Let the collectors division be run by a small, dedicating group that can produce smaller production runs and take more specialized orders from retailers.

I'm sure online retailers would totally appreciate being able to order a case of four Mirages instead of a mixed case with one Mirage and two shelfwarmers.

Not to mention that Hasbro has been so collector oriented in the last half decade. They just need to bite the bullet and create a smaller, more nimble division to take care of this.

Imagine if a smaller Hasbro-TF-Collector division had released a G1 Predacon set as an exclusive set for online retailers BEFORE Takara had done it...

It could happen. Smaller toy manufactures like SOTA and MECA are able to compete in a modern marketplace because they are small and dedicated.

Hasbro-- you are leaving money on the table. Your ass needs to get streamlined...

(end rant)

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I imagine Camshaft will not be very hard to find outside of the first week or two after being released.

Being a straight-up repaint, I predict that he'll end up with the same fate as the others, like Sunstreaker (though he probably sold the best out of all the straight repaints, since Dead End seems to have been supa-rare), Ricochet and Rollbar. Oh course, he COULD end up like Alt Swerve, too. He may be around a lot, then suddenly... *POOF!* Gone.

17. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I have a feeling Camshaft might be hard to find because a lot of my ML-collecting buddies have been eyeing my Alt. collection and for whatever reason a lot seem to want Camshaft (they've also been buying, local shelfwarmers like Skids, hallelujah!). Go figure.....

18. REDLINE

News Credits:
    well, rollbar and ricochet never have made it here either, so that means nothing to me. I only got them when HTS had its spring sale.

19. Megatronwp38

Boy were we wrong about Camshaft! HTF for the win LOL.

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Haha, yeah. Camshaft is still the only Alternator I have never seen in a store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.