Alt Camshaft in stock at Hasbro ToyShop.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tfgraveyard, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I don't know if he was commenting on my Nemesis Prime comment or yours? Maybe he will clear that up because I'm confused about that remark too.

I think that the Sunstreaker and Skids in the white box may have come with the case that had Rollbar and Ricochet if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember them offering the wave with Prowl.

2. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Sorry. :) 

I was pointing out that they've skipped alts. Sunstreaker, Skids, Prowl and Tracks all shipped in one wave. Sunstreaker, Skids, Ricochet and Rollbar all shipped in a following wave. Then came Prime, Meister, Ricochet, and Rollbar. They've still got Alt Ravage from an earlier wave, up at HTS.com, so they either skipped the S/S/P/T wave, or just skipped the P/T of that wave.

3. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Seems like they skipped a lot of waves of Alt. and other Transformers lines. Looks like Hasbro's own web site could have better stock.

4. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Yeah they could, but why would retailers want to buy a product that they have to compete with the manufacturer directly on? I would love if all of the new stuff I could just order through Hasbro at retail, but I have a feeling Target and Wal Mart feel differently.

Also THX for the heads up and coupon code, my brother really appreciated it.

They really need to add Mirage though. That way I would be done for the year... Other than the four Mirages I want. He was my first G oner in '84, so he has a real special place in my heart (alongside Skywarp).

5. Deathx360

News Credits:
    As far as I can tell they aren't that much of a threat. Astrotrain is still in stock when I expected him to sell out quickly. I didn't buy Primus from them and I usually buy from the first place I can find a figure. Also if they are worried then why did Toys R Us start selling G.I. Joe figures that were exclusive to online retailers. But you may be right.

6. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

It just seems to make sense that a retailer would try and avoid direct competition with the manufaturer.

Shelf space is VERY valuable now a days.

7. Deathx360

News Credits:
    True. Seems like toy aisles are getting smaller and video games are part of the reason of this. Seems like it is getting easier to find some figures online than in stores and I have to drive out of town to look for a lot of my figures because they don't sell many of some figures leaving no room for newer ones. Still I don't see HasbroToyStore.com being that much of a problem or the retailers would have thrown their weight around and the site never would have opened. They probable said they would not offer much to keep Wal-Mart and others happy. I would still prefer to look at the figures in person so I can get one with a good paint job if possible.

8. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

I just checked out a list. Of the original G1 large cars, only Trailbreaker, Ironhide and Ratchet are un-Alternatored. Of the second year, there's Grapple, Hoist and Inferno. Trucks and more trucks... darn those tiny Japanese parking spaces, don't they like big cars at all over there....

Well, Camshaft is a nice Dinobot grey, and we've already got Grimlock. Don'tcha think he'd make a pretty good Swoop? Swoop even had a blue chest in the cartoon, so you've got the complete color scheme.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well there won't be anymore prime waves, so if they don't put him on there soon, they'll have completely skipped him which would make no sense at all, cause they've not skipped any alternators since the site started.

10. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    I believe they skipped White boxed Tracks and Prowl.

HTS.com started listing their alts during the red box waves(alt Ravage's wave, I think).

11. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I think your right. I check several sites daily looking for new figures and I don't recall seeing Tracks or Prowl. Jazz is another white boxed Alt. that I believe they skipped.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I remember them having bubble tracks listed as "coming soon" priced at 9.99 months ago

13. bithomas

bithomas Seeker of Seekers

HTS definitely had some red boxed Alternators, as I purchased Wheeljack, Shockblast, and Battle Ravage from the site (Battle Ravage is still available). I'm also pretty certain that the site also did carry the first fishbowl wave, which I think sold out earlier in the year when HTS was offering the big discounts.

I'm curious as to why Camshaft has been added to the site without any of the others in his wave. To my knowledge (which admittedly is limited to mostly the G.I. Joe and TF offerings), HTS has never partially added a wave, so I was always under the impression that the site receives its stock in cases. I know that I hope the site adds Mirage and Optimus Prime soon so that people can actually find them for retail price.

Ben

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you. I didn't need Camshaft, but I did pick up a few Cybertron Legends. :D 

15. Tfgraveyard

News Credits:
    I know they had red boxed alts, but I didn't think they had white boxed prowl or tracks. it's possible that I missed them though.