Minor/Repaint: Alt/ BT Starscream

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TimothyVernon, Mar 10, 2007.

1. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

i really want an alternators or binaltech starscream.. i'd have to find a head from Mp starscream.. but i'm not sure which type of car would be good for it. any ideas? has anyone else thought about/tried doing this?

2. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A grey Ford GT with red or blue stripes?

He could be a Scion, that would be ironic. :) 

3. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A grey Ford GT with red or blue stripes?

He could be a Scion, that would be ironic. :) 

4. TimothyVernon

yeah i was thinkin about a gt, but those cost a bit.. if i can't find something that also fits for cheaper, i'll probably settle with the gt.. maybe a mustang

5. TimothyVernon

yeah i was thinkin about a gt, but those cost a bit.. if i can't find something that also fits for cheaper, i'll probably settle with the gt.. maybe a mustang

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

At least one or two people on this board (was Superquad7 one of them?) did a whole set of Alt Seekers using the Subaru mold. They looked pretty great.

Other than that, my first picks would probably be either the Corvette mold or the Viper mold. Both turn into tall, lean robots with wing-like protrusions, and both have windshields on their chests like Starscream. Heck, the corvette mold even has "hip guards" that look pretty similar to MP Starscream's controversial hip kibble... plus blasters on the forearm that could be modified into null-rays! Oh, and the shoulder missiles, when flipped up, could give a similar visual impression as Starscream's trademark shoulder-intakes.

As far as alt mode is concerned, the Corvette, Viper and GT are the most fitting for SS, being ultra-fast and aggressive cars.

Honestly, I think your hardest task will be finding a spare MP-03 head. I doubt there are many just lying around somewhere. Have you considered modifying an Alt-head instead? Or maybe snagging a head off a cheaper Starscream toy (maybe Armada's head is about the right size?).

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

At least one or two people on this board (was Superquad7 one of them?) did a whole set of Alt Seekers using the Subaru mold. They looked pretty great.

Other than that, my first picks would probably be either the Corvette mold or the Viper mold. Both turn into tall, lean robots with wing-like protrusions, and both have windshields on their chests like Starscream. Heck, the corvette mold even has "hip guards" that look pretty similar to MP Starscream's controversial hip kibble... plus blasters on the forearm that could be modified into null-rays! Oh, and the shoulder missiles, when flipped up, could give a similar visual impression as Starscream's trademark shoulder-intakes.

As far as alt mode is concerned, the Corvette, Viper and GT are the most fitting for SS, being ultra-fast and aggressive cars.

Honestly, I think your hardest task will be finding a spare MP-03 head. I doubt there are many just lying around somewhere. Have you considered modifying an Alt-head instead? Or maybe snagging a head off a cheaper Starscream toy (maybe Armada's head is about the right size?).

8. TimothyVernon

the corvette and viper mold are ones i like the least when in bot mode.. dead end has to stand with his chest sticking out, he's very badly proportioned, the hands and forearms are really tiny, the hood of the car hangs down like a large but flap, and the back end of the car just hangs behind his shoulders in a big clump. and i tracks just isn't that appealing. if i was going to use the gt or the mustang. i would definitely make arm null rays.

9. TimothyVernon

the corvette and viper mold are ones i like the least when in bot mode.. dead end has to stand with his chest sticking out, he's very badly proportioned, the hands and forearms are really tiny, the hood of the car hangs down like a large but flap, and the back end of the car just hangs behind his shoulders in a big clump. and i tracks just isn't that appealing. if i was going to use the gt or the mustang. i would definitely make arm null rays.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
  12. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hey tim, although they may not be the best designed molds, or the most proportional they seem to fit the characteristics and the aesthetics of the Seekers the best. This is because theyre like lean, have similar designs and most importantly like white mocha said, theyre super fast and agressive cars.

13. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Hey tim, although they may not be the best designed molds, or the most proportional they seem to fit the characteristics and the aesthetics of the Seekers the best. This is because theyre like lean, have similar designs and most importantly like white mocha said, theyre super fast and agressive cars.