Minor/Repaint: Alt Breakdown

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wreckgar, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Another Stunticon down. This time, Breakdown. Went with the Meister mold for this one. The head is perfect and always personally liked it. Personally I like the way it turned out. So much so that I decided to repaint the one I did earlier this week.

Now one more and my Stunticons will be complete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Very nice! I always liked Breakdown, nice to see him getting some love.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Good stuff, the white parts look nice and clean.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Ooh, that looks great! I'm actually working on a similar Meister-to-Breakdown conversion myself, though it'll end up looking quite different from yours (I doubt it'll turn out quite as nice!). You're right that the head is perfect... with or without the visor, depending on whether you follow the toy or the cartoon version. I really like the way you didn't just imitate the G1 character point-for-point, but added a lot of your own touches to it (like the gold, and the greater coverage of blue). Very cool stuff! You gave me some ideas for my own version.

5. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    That is because the white was not painted, the blue was. It is based off of alt. Jazz. But I too like it very much, good work !!

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Thanks guys.

Yea the white is actually the Meister parts. But if I left it like the G1 figure, it would pretty much be Meister. And I didn't want to paint the hood red. So I decided to go this way. I thought this wa a nice homage without being a complete replica.

Also, now you have me curious on yours WhiteMocha. How were you planning on doing your paint job?

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks great!

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm doing mine more traditionally, I think. I'm not very far into it.... but I've got the car masked off and ready to have the blue painted on. I'm doing a thin band of blue along the bottom edge of the car, where the molding juts out, and then a band over each of the wheelwells. I'm gonna try for the red-hood thing, though I fear it may end up looking tacky. For robot mode, I think I'm also going to paint his arms blue, and his abdominal area kind of a silver-grey (to match that silver color of his torso that tfu.info shows).

I'm planning on painting his helmet blue, and face red, as you have it. I'm probably going to go with the animated version and remove his visor, just to distinguish him from Jazz a bit more. Not sure quite what I'll do with the hip deco.... I really like how you used the red and gold for that area. And I love the gold on the shins and upper arms.

I'll post pics when I've finished it.... it shouldn't be a super time-consuming project, I just have to get off my butt and actually do it. Your awesome custom has given me a jolt of motivation, though! Thanks! :D 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nice work!