Heavy/Scratch: Alt Barricade WIP nov. 6 update

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by djs in disguise, Jul 18, 2008.

1. djs in disguise

djs in disguise Active Member

Ive been wanting to this one for a while finally got all the things i need and after a few issues with scale and a quick rethink work is going well.
    Im not going for movie accuracy on the bot mode just using some elements from that design although the transformation and look is quite similar to legends barricade. The doors are now on his back and open upwards he will get a re-sculpted head loosely based on the movie one and he has new feet / seats from alt Prime. Alt mode mods include new front grill and bars , lowered body kit , new wheels , spoiler , exhausts and light bar , Updates coming very soon

UPDATE

Alt mode is ready for a base coat of grey primer

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks promising!!....please keep us posted!!

I always did want to make an Alt Barricade, just never got around to it.

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Any progress on this guy?

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah, I think a number of people had this on their wish list. Too big of a project for me at the moment. I look forward to seeing this!

5. djs in disguise

6. djs in disguise

i have done alot more work but its not really worth photographing yet im just trying to get the new body work to fit in seamlessly so all im doing is gap filling and sanding and its taking longer than i thought as soon as i get it right i will base coat it and put up some more pics

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Predating Barricade: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/superquad7/Cybertronian%20Police/Interceptor/

I was a bit upset that right after I finished making Alternators Interceptor, what would become Barricade was announced. I was pretty thrilled with coming up with the idea for a police Mustang as a TF. Regardless, both characters are different enough :) 

Your work here is looking nice, man! I can't wait to see it finished! Keep us posted! :thumb 

8. djs in disguise

thats sweet man got any more pics matbe alt mode looks like you have used the same parts as i have from the jada toys mustang

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Thanks! :)  I don't have any more photos of him since I've not yet completed his label set. As for parts, actually the lightbar is the same lightbar I used for both Hot Pursuit and Stakeout. Aside from that Robocop Robo-1 model kit, I simply used the Alternators Mustang mold for my custom :) 

10. djs in disguise

did you mod the front grill and lights its hard to tell from the pics ? be cool to see this one finished

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I painted the "fog" lights to be red/blue strobe lights. I never really found a good pushbar (which is the only thing I'd want to modify). I have thought about modifying a Swindle/Rollbar grill guard, but whatever I do, I want to do it to all 3 of my US police cars, since they're all uniform.

I'll finish these guys eventually, especially since Hot Pursuit was my first custom ever. Some of the reasons I've placed Incinerator here on hold are 1.) that movie Barricade was on the horizon, and I just lost some interest (because I knew that after I posted it I'd have the "hey that looks like Barricade" comments, when in fact it's the other way around); 2.) I wanted to update the label sets for all 3 bots, but label sets take work that I make are a bit extensive and take some work; 3.) I want to make sure I do things right, and things like the push bars I don't want to half do; 4.) despite all of the previous reasons, I mainly wanted to move on to other things. One thing I've learned with artwork is knowing when it's wise to put a piece on the shelf and come back to it. When I place a piece on the shelf, I do come back to it (as I'll further evidence sometime soon down the road with a custom/spoiler alert).

Thanks for the props and encouragement for me to finish my own work; it's much appreciated, man :thumb 

12. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I wanna see this project finished! Barricade pwns and this is an awesome idea. In regards to the pushbar; you can always build one the same way i did.

[​IMG]

The pushbar is built from the trees that model car parts come on. Those are actually from an old SD Gundam kit but that doesnt matter. Just cut em to size, glue em, and paint em. Done, done, done. Wot.

~Z

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    I'm likely to go down this route, as I've thought about it since the first time you posted Alt Bodyshop :) 

14. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Glad I could help. Good luck on your 'bashes fellas.

~Z

15. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    WOW!! Alt. Barricade is really coming along!
    How are you going to make a Barricade head?
    Or are you using TFTM figure's head?

16. djs in disguise

sorry im so slow more pics soon i promise

17. djs in disguise

see top for a small update

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    nice to see you're still chuggin' along.

19. djs in disguise

thanks , ive got quite a few diffrent bots even a pony to do before i get round to finishing barricade , but i want to take my time and get it right