Customs: Alt Arm Question

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Reeds, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

If this was something already answered in another thread, I apologize, but I haven't seen anything on the surface, so thought I'd just ask.

On Alternator Ricochet's arm, I took the screw out at point (1) but the joint at point (2) is still stuck in there. Is it still attached to anything or maybe just stuck? I wanted to ask before I force it. Thx.

[​IMG]

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    The bottom of th forearm is actually glued together (where the hand socket is)....with a minimal amount of glue....your gonna have to pop it open at the bottom (small flat tip screwdriver or a razor knife)...there are some liitle tabs in there that will likely break when you do this...sometimes they glue them right at the tab....once you get the two halves to sepperate, one will come off automatically, the other, just slide it out of the black elbow piece

3. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, broke the tabs, but should be easy to fix later. Thanks again!

4. plowking

News Credits:
    No prob.....yeah everytime I have had to sepperate a Subaru's forearm, I usually end up breaking one if not both of the tabs...but like you said, easy fix....a dab of glue will do.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly, after I reassemble things, I don't reglue the pieces. That one screw hold them together fine. That's just my personal preference though. I've worked on an Impreza or so from time to time . . . :ev: 

Keep us posted on your work!

6. plowking

News Credits:
    ....from time to time?!.....yeah right!....:lol ...whats the count? 10?...11?...

Actually, I usually dont reglue either, SQ7 is correct, the one screw will do just fine...I only had one that I had to use a dab of glue on....

7. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Hmmm...I've actually never broken the tabs. I guess I can count myself as highly fortunate.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    . . . or really careful. I faintly remember the first time I separated an Impreza forearm and had the tabs snap off as a result, but since it works fine with either the tabs intact or not, I'm not overly picky. A fun game I'll always try is seeing if I can pull it off with no breaks. Sometimes I win; sometimes I lose. Every time I'm still able to make my custom :) 

It sorta reminds me of that scene from Ghostbusters where Venkman tries to jerk the tablecloth out without breaking any dishes. :D