Alt. and G2 Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omik, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

So we've seen the Alt Prime pics (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=94635) and we just got a reissue of G2 battle convoy (drool). I couldn't help but notice that Alt. Prime looks a hell of a lot more like his G2 incarnation than his G1 form that we all lust after. Especially if you look at them and pretend to be colorblind, I plan on doing a few 'alterations' to the Alt's paint.

But yeah, anyone else think so?

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hadn't thought of it before, but the atrocious shoulders on the Alt do give that impression. The hood-as-chest-plate kills the alt's resemblance to pretty much every other Prime though.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Given how much Body-swapping Prime apparently did in G2 (4 distinctly different toys), it makes sense to me.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    If the black optimus prime looks anything like rid scourge and has a sword....then AWESOME HOMAGE~!! To me, it aint RID scourge without the sword. Lets hope he comes with one of some sort!

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I'm still holding out hope that my idea of a trailer to tow Seaspray [or some other boat Autobot] comes to fruition... is fruition a word?

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If it isn't, we're both inventing a word that means about the same thing!

Also, in response to Orodruin's "hood as chest" thing - see G2 Go-bot Prime. He's just about the only Prime who has ever had the "hood as chest" thing, but it's not entirely unprecedented.
    I'm still trying to see how Takara could have made this Ginrai instead of Convoy, though. As everyone's said with the G2 homages, this is clearly more of a Convoy design than a Ginrai. Guess it was so they could have Convoy and Magnus represented by the Masterpieces in the Binaltech story.
    Does that mean MP-3 Starscream'll also be the Starscream that was refered to in the earlier chapters of the Binaltech story? Thinking of it, he would be about in scale with the Alternators. But I digress.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, yes it is.

Yeah, but c'mon... Go-bot Prime? He doesn't count. :p 

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you look at the head of alt prime it is definately ginrai aka powermaster Prime. i think they chose him in japan because fans might not be happy with making him prime himself (as evidenced by the wests response to him being optimus)

9. FortMax

FortMax Not Metroplex or Mudflap

And if G2 hadn't been canceled, there would have been a camo Dirtbag repaint.