Minor/Repaint: alt amihan and buhawi wip

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by seali_me, Nov 29, 2008.

1. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

amihan- female robot version of my wife cant decide between a vette and viper
    buhawi-myself, needs brown skin. dont like being pale.

the figure came from a spiderman motorcycle toy. it has over 20 points of articulation, i think its around the same size as a mask figure

Attached Files:

2. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    nice to see you posting customs again, seali_me. aren't those names from encantadia? heheh

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    YAY!!...Seali_me is back to customizing!! :D 

Vette's can be sexy like women....Vipers can too if you do the trunk to chest mod :) 

Whatever you come up with, I'm sure it will rock :rock 

4. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

hehehe i don't know what encantadia is.

i've always wondered why our own people have this idea in their heads that real filipino names are somewhat eccentric even worse deaming to a child. i kinda understand the need to name children with names of the host country. ie. filipino living france- jean-philippe but our country has that twisted thinking within the country. as i child i've been asked numerous times, what's your filipino name. sadly back then i couldn't even come up with one just to cover up the fact that i don't have one. being born in the manila myself, i couldn't even answer that question or why i don't have one so i came up with names myself.

i dunno but people who don't know who they are or don't appreciate their own... it doesn't rub me the right way. most filipinos who grew up here don't even know the language since probably most parents don't even care to teach them at an early age or speak the language at home.

amihan- was one of the first beings to inhabit earth, and the god responsible for freeing humans from a bamboo plant. Eastern monsoon winds are also called Amihan in the Philippines.

buhawi- means a violent rotating wind storm or in short a tornado.

pk- i remember your vette custom. awesome.

thanks both of you. :) 

5. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    haha encantadia is a show that aired a few years ago on local TV. it was a fantasy series which featured fairies and other mythical creatures. those names were used for some of the characters on the show.

well i can't speak for filipinos living abroad, but i agree that it's quite sad how most filipinos still have a strong sense of colonial mentality. we can't blame them/ourselves, i guess. my history professor always used to say that "300 years in a convent and 50 years in hollywood will mess up any culture."

anyway, to get back on track, i think that you should go with the vette :)