2D Artwork: Alright be harsh

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Infosaur, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is my first pencil up post. I never invested in scanners, programs or tablets. Most of my sketches end up in the trash. This one I used a camera to shoot the sketch and already I hate it. The pencil is almost completely washed out and the paper has become a million shades of grey. It's imposible for me to manipulate it with MS paint.

I was thinking about this guy after a discussion I had this morning. I haven't drawn him in 20 years so a lot of detail is missing. I barely remebered to add the wind deflector to the roof I also don't remember ever naming him.

So think of this as a TFW2005 exclusive.

BTW this is NOT, repeat NOT any sort of leak, rumor, source, guess, whatever on LA Movie Optimus PRIME!!!!

I wish I was that good but I'm not.

I'd be flattered if the rumer ran around the internet for an hour but I'm saying flatly right here in this post it ain't.

Done deal.

So comments, crits, sugestions, and anyone that want's to color it go right ahead, just link to this thread when you do. Thanks in advance.

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

oh yeah and the pose sucks, I was putting a priority on elements I could remeber (chest shoulders, arms) I was 60% done before I put any thought into "what's he doing?".

*sigh* At least the alt mode came out well

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    kewl. its got a season 3 guy vibe to it.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well, you could use another pose. My only complain of this pic is that he looks sad.

5. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Nice, liking the design (agree with KA on the whole S3 thing)! Maybe you might want to try inking it next - you might come up with some ideas for incidental details you hadn't thought of yet!

Only other thing I've got is if you made the mouth a little smaller, he might look a bit more grim and determined, instead of unhappy like Brave mentioned. :thumb 

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it!:thumb 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I dig it...I agree about the facial expression...he kinda has a 'dear god where's the bathroom!' look on his face...but over all I think it's great. I like the perspective you used on the truck