Almost Full Transformers Prime Image

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by caitlindevi, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Bee looks good to me. Can't wait to see what his car-mode will look like. It's definitely influenced by the movie design, but it's different enough to look like something completely new to me. Hopefully the aesthetic works for the other characters too.

Should be interesting to see how the toys turn out. The toy line is all but confirmed (we saw a request to trademark the name after all). Botcon can't come soon enough.

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great, perfect blend of Movie and Animated designs for me.
    Hope the story leans more towards something animated would do though.

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

sadly agrees. And G1 K.O.s are just another nail in the coffin.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My main concern in the "will there be toys/won't there be toys" debate is the fact that we know of Hunt for the Decepticons, Generations, and Power Core Combiners all coming up this year, obviously there will be a Transformers 3 toyline next year, and Hasbro seems reluctant/unable to juggle multiple toylines for more than a few months at a time.

5. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

WTF is my G1 designs? Or at least RID

6. Chevluh

Chevluh Well-Known Member

Frankly, they wouldn't make an animated series if they didn't intend to make toys for it. Come on, it's just common sense.

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    People never cease to amaze me.

Once again, part of the fandom is CONDEMNING something off of A SINGLE PIECE OF PROMOTIONAL ART. Judging something that most likely was done super quick to be able to be used as promotional art (think: the first image of Animated Optimus Prime, people flipped out! And the show is now a fan-favorite that rivals even Beast Wars).

You would think people would wait to start judging something, with the OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS CONVENTION coming up in less than a month. But no.

Yeah, I'm annoyed. Every time you think the fan community starts to take a turn for the better, you realize that people age, but apparently their maturity does not.

8. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Freaking EPIC.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Dude. It happens with EVERY first look TF fans get. It's been happening this way since, what...like Beast Wars/Beast Machines?

At what point did the fan community "take a turn for the better?" This is just how fans act on the whole.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I can't really see an earth vehicle coming out of this design. The more I look at it, the more I'm of the opinion that this will be Cybertronian. Like I said in another thread, I can see this being the movieverse equivalent of WFC.

If so, I really hope they come through on the alt-modes.

I half suspect it will get lumped in with later waves of Generations or whatever they're calling the movieverse line. I could see it taking over from the movieverse just in time for Christmas.

If it's an all-Cybertron line, it might make sense to then mix in the occaisional earth-based movieverse toy to the line.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's the truth, from what I recall on A.T.T. in the mid '90s. I don't have any expectation to see fanboys ever change.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    This happens in every fandom. When the new first-look Enterprise pictures came out, the Trek community collectively splooged AND went all forehead-vein-explodey about it at the same time.

13. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    If this is a CG series, then I can't wait to see how BB looks in that medium.

I can't say I'm quite stoked yet (seeing how it's just one pic of BB), but once we see more I'm sure to expect awesomeness.

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Bumblebee actually has feet that we can't see intead of just wheels, other than tthat his design's cool, like they crossed the Animated & movie streams & all of existence DIDN'T end. Snake Eyes is what caught my eye though, interested to see where they're going with Renegades.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'm still of the mind set that TF: Prime will be to the Movies as the 90s Batman animated series was to the Tim Burton films. The 90s cartoon took quite a few concepts from the movies, but was still it's own thing.
    That's more or less what I'm expecting TF: Prime to be like.

My first thought was actually Sean "Cheeks" Galloway, who was the lead character designer on the Spectacular Spiderman cartoon. I wouldn't be surprised if that's his work.
    It's funny, the unreasonable hatred that Snake eyes design is getting, it looks like the GI Joe fandom will be getting a taste of the "Animated" dispute.
    For people who are apparently fans of cartoons, it would seem like they haven't actually been watching any in the last 10 years or so. Which I'm sure the answer to that would be: "Because they all suck! Grrr"

Mmkay...Don't let the door hit ya in the can on the way out.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And the look hasn't improved any either. It sux as much now as it did then- if not more.

17. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    It's the ones declaring to leave the fandom over this single piece of promotional art that are making me both laugh and shake my head at the same time. Still, it's no different to the 'Trukk not Munky!' reactions back in the 90s, so after that, the first looks at Movie Megatron and Animated Prime, I've steeled myself for this sort of thing.

18. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    In the last 6 months, you've seen more "I'm looking forward to ____" or "I really like that they ____" versus what was becoming norm which was usually "I can't believe they _____" or "Hasblow sucks because _____".

I shouldn't be surprised - it's the same people every time. Oh well. I'll be enjoying this series for what it is - Transformers.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

wtf? it's hasbro, they are in the buisness of creating and selling toys. lol. YES THERE WILL BE TOYS!

there might not be right away. but hasbro would be STUPID to not have toys out before christmas. when the show starts in october lol.

of course there will be toys, we just haven't seen any yet. :) 

20. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

Has anyone said it? No? Then it is my duty...

RUINED FOREVER!!

In all seriousness, more movie looking than I'd like but I'll give it a chance. I've learned my lesson from judging brilliant TF shows based on the first images (Beast Wars, Animated)