Almost Full Transformers Prime Image

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by caitlindevi, Jun 9, 2010.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love it, it's so sleek without losing detail, plus his proportions are awesome, love lanky bulky robots.

Looks like the WFC design with Camaro mode... maybe that IS what he is, except his face is like that due to his muteness or something.

2. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Not bad. More streamlined version of BB. Looking forward to the other designs from the show.

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Not so happy with it being movie designs, but I'll reserve judgment until we see it in motion.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Less linework often means more fluid animation. That's a good trade-off, IMO.

5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I like it, bring on the rest of the crew.
    Did anyone else notice Bee has wheel feet like TF2 Sideswipe?

6. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Bumblebee looks sweet. Loving the Animated feel with the Movie designs - it really looks like we might be getting the best of both worlds here.

This might be just what I need to re-ignite my love of the franchise...

7. edsonbarron

edsonbarron Well-Known Member

is it just me or does bee have wheel feet?

8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm loving Bee's design. Sleek and stylish all the way.

He's not overtly cumbersome in detail like the movie designs need to be, and he's overtly simplified like toon designs tend to be. He's the perfect cross between and looks perfect for CG animation.

Between this and the story I can't wait to see how this show comes out.

Snake Eyes just screams "I'm a badass always doing acrobatics" with his design. So I can't wait for Joe either. Especially since this is a Joe prequel like series. So he may 'grow' into the costume some as the years progress.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Didn't they say that about a lot of the Movie designs? I agree I am having a little bit of difficulty figuring it out but Hasbro really seems to be upping the ante lately with some of their more recent figures. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some really fantastic figures.

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sleeker and more coherent than the movie design, that's a plus. The head and giant eyes still aren't for me though.

11. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Just has me thinking if Alternators came out after the movie people would complain bout them being simplified Bayformers.

Really what would they copy? The original series? Young kids have no idea it even existed however the Bay movies are what they are familiar with.

Transformers are starting to follow trends in whats popular at the time.

Transformers Animated's art style followed the popularity of Teen Titans

So why cant we have a series that shares similarity to the movies?

Everyone argues that the movies have awesome renditions but a bad director. Maybe this will be a reprieve from that issue.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. OptimusTron97

OptimusTron97 I like the red water

I think that the only reason Bee looks somewhat close to the movie design is so that kids will recognize him.
    Like the news earlier about the comic proves, it will be different from the movie.
    And if I may say, I really like this design!

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The exact same thing was said with TF:A and then we got some of the most screen accurate toys ever. I would put some faith in Hasbro. The toy tech has grown ten fold in the last decade.

I can see the movie-verse in the design but it is simplified. The one thing I hated the most about the movie designs is that they were over complicated and they look like they can transform into anything. This design looks like it can only become one thing.

I will hold my judgement until more is seen because if I had to choose now my dislike for the movies would prevail.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

14. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This may not make much sense, because I'm still loopy from dragging a fully-assembled 250lb baby changing station *slash* dresser across a 2100+ sq. foot house by myself, BUT...

The movie designs were a bit hit-and-miss with some people when translated to live-action film, but I think they come off a lot better as an animated design.

15. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    That Bumbobee looks like Hasbro tried so hard, but failed miserably.

16. Mr Dumas

Mr Dumas The most senior member one can be.

it never ceases to amaze me how fast opinions are made, with such conviction, on such little information, when it comes to new versions of TF entertainment. Sad really because in the end most end up liking the next versions anyway. Lets review the opinions after the show is on, one image cannot tell you much about a moving CGI show. For fans of a brand that is about "more than meets the eye" we should know not to judge a book by its cover.

17. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    If Hasbro expects me to buy a stylized version of movie Bumblebee after I've bought...six? distinct Deluxe movie Bumblebee releases, well, there's always kids who've yet to own one, but I'm not buying it. If this is as much "Transformers: The Movie: The Animated Series" as I think it might be, I'll save a bundle and just collect the guys that look wildly different from their movie incarnations.

18. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    more crappy move like designs ughhh i need a new hobby. consider this my resignation hasbro.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there was a hard rule that Hasbro had to stick with what the latest batch of kids is familiar with, we'd have never gotten RiD after the Beast era, movie stuff after the Unicron trilogy, Animated after the first movie, etc, even all the way back to never getting Beast Wars. Admittedly, the movies have a lot of mainstream popularity, and we have one left still, but eh, they're gonna have to deviate at some point.

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Could be worse.......

Many G.I.Joe fans just crave disappointment. A guy in a belly top who can change his skin color at will is credible, but ecologically themed figures are not.